Do you have motorcycle roadside assistance?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you have motorcycle roadside assistance?

Do you have motorcycle roadside assistance?

Just wondering if anyone has roadside assistance for your bike and if so what do you have and what is the cost?
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

For the '95 Harley - yes.
    For the '14 F6B - no.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Have have been considering it, not because I fear a breakdown but rather other calamities that may be waiting for us on the road.

roadside assistance

Hey choptop.....I have roadside assistance with Good Sam for every vehicle I own...and I have used it more than once....there is no company with better coverage, IMO....and I have researched it....

They charge $ 115.00 a year and it covers any vehicle with my name on the registration....3 cars, 2 motorcycles, and my motor home for same price...

A toll-free call sends help to any vehicle 24/7...365 days a year....unlimited distance towing, flat tire changes, battery jump starts, mechanic dispatch, fuel/fluid delivery and lost/lock key service

I had a flat tire on my motor homes 2 years back and called toll free number.....tire repair guy was there from nearest town in 25 minutes, used my spare, changed flat and I was on my way in an hour or so....no charge whatsoever....

Last year I had a flat tire on the rear of my VTX1300 in eastern Oregon desert, 100 miles round trip from nearest bike dealer, call toll free number...sent a truck to load up my bike, haul me to nearest bike shop....no charge.....just my cost for new tire and labor....

It has paid for itself every year I've had it......info @Good Sam @ 1-800-842-5351

Quote Originally Posted by sshake1905 View Post
    Hey choptop.....I have roadside assistance with Good Sam for every vehicle I own...and I have used it more than once....there is no company with better coverage, IMO....and I have researched it....

They charge $ 115.00 a year and it covers any vehicle with my name on the registration....3 cars, 2 motorcycles, and my motor home for same price...

A toll-free call sends help to any vehicle 24/7...365 days a year....unlimited distance towing, flat tire changes, battery jump starts, mechanic dispatch, fuel/fluid delivery and lost/lock key service

I had a flat tire on my motor homes 2 years back and called toll free number.....tire repair guy was there from nearest town in 25 minutes, used my spare, changed flat and I was on my way in an hour or so....no charge whatsoever....

Last year I had a flat tire on the rear of my VTX1300 in eastern Oregon desert, 100 miles round trip from nearest bike dealer, call toll free number...sent a truck to load up my bike, haul me to nearest bike shop....no charge.....just my cost for new tire and labor....

It has paid for itself every year I've had it......info @Good Sam @ 1-800-842-5351
    Thank you, I will check them out.

I have it through the AMA of which I am a member. It covers any motorcycle, car, truck, etc that I or any member of my family living under my roof may be driving. Best part is............it's FREE with my membership. The towing distance is limited to 35 miles but it's better than nothing for the price. I had to use it once with my V-Strom and was pleased with the truck they sent, and the driver.

I had coverage with the AMA for a while and then the Honda Riders Club and never used it on my previous bikes...Have a rider on my State Farm policy that covers my F6B..., which I hope I never have to use....

I have CAA (Canadian Automobile Association) Plus coverage, which covers any vehicles I drive including motorcycles. I don't have to own the vehicle, only be driving it. It includes 160 km of towing or transporting, gasoline provision, extrication, lock service, etc.. It's reasonable insurance for roadside assistance for $110/year.

+1 on the AMA...decent coverage, low price (compared to AAA), plus I am giving my $ to an organization , I believe, stands up for my 2 wheel rights

I have mine through the GWRRA (Goldwing Road Riders Assoc.). Thankfully, I have never had to use it.