As originally posted, the Rivco LED-115 headlights came with fan units. I've not been on the site for some time but I thought that I'd give everyone a follow up on my experiences with these lights.

When first installed, I found them to be excellent. Brightness, color and road illumination were what I had hoped for. Last fall, I had a failure in one of them. Putting the bike up for the winter; i didn't give it a whole lot of attention. Here's what was going on. On one of the lamps, I started to see a flutter in the light when the ignition key was turned on. After the light was on for a bit, the flutter stopped. That same lamp developed a yellowish tint. Clearly non white compared to the other lamp.

In addition, the fans on both lamps could now be heard while the bike was at idle.

I had purchased a second set of lights which were intended for the high beams. These had the same part number but had no fans (pictured earlier in this thread. Because of the lateness of the last season, I never put the second set in.

So, I have just removed the original fan units and replaced them with the second set intended for my high beams. They look great.

The original fan units were returned for warranty consideration. I am expecting Rivco to send me a replacement set like what I have on the bike now.

I'll keep you posted.