Old Rides - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Old Rides

Quote Originally Posted by CheesyRider View Post
    I had the same bike, but mine was an '82! Now that I think of it, are you sure that's an '83? I thought they changed to a dohc engine for '83.
    You're probably right because the Kawasaki was an 1984 that I must have bought in 1983. Lots of years and brain cells ago.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    My wife and I on my first brand new bike. 1997 Suzuki Intruder 1400. The first year they got a five speed and back then it was bigger than HD's big twin. It's still my favorite bike of all time.

Let it go after I wrecked I twice. (By myself thankfully)

Attachment 11505
    I used to ride with one guy that had the Suzuki Katana, that thing was a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    It's no way to provide all list of my previously ridden 40 ( or so ) bikes , but remember my first "Monster" Jawa 250 .

Before jumping on F6B , this Bimmer was my best body , which helped me to discover most corners of USA and Canada . 190.000 miles and millions pictures in memories . I can't imagine living without motorcycle .
    Limoles
    Where's the Big Dog? That Beemer is spectacular.

Damn kids. My first two wheels was a Lambretta scooter I picked it up when the US Army sent me to Ankara, Turkey, in 1960.

My first real bike was a Ducati something (single, 175-250?), about 1964. There aren't many I haven't owned, or at least ridden, and the F6B is by far the best.

I am tempted from time-to-time to pick up an old BSA or Triumph. I still have a box full of Whitworth tools and Amal jets. Then I'll have a beer and forget that foolishness for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    2001 Kawasaki STX-DI Jet Ski
    3 cylinder, 2 stroke 1071cc
    Not a bike but I found the pic of it when I was looking. The thing was a rocket on the water. The guy who I bought it off of worked in the Twin Towers and lost his job on 9/11 so he couldn't afford it. I bought it for the buy out of the loan, good news is gave him a spare key to use it anytime he wanted, and yes the name on the front of the vessel is "Taxfree"
    Knew I had more pics

My old ride 2007 M109r made 145 whp. Has cams and a ton of work. Would bury the speedo at 160 with a blink of the eye. Sold it to my best friend, so I still have a key and access to ride it. The wing has plenty of power and rides like a caddy.
    2013 F6B in fast black. Lots of extras.
    2007 Suzuki M109R LE
    2000 Honda CBR 929 RR
    1992 GSXR 1100R W/1153 BIG BORE
    1995 Suzuki Katana 750 first bike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My priest says at a certain speed the Holy Ghost leaves you
    Well, He was certainly watching over me that night.

X

That's a beauty, and I think that's why I like those Royal Enfield's as a second bike they remind me of these bikes.

Instead of that Royal Enfield as a second smaller bike for around town the new Harley Street 500 is very impressive. Sat on one at the dealership this past weekend and this is a small bike that would be very maneuverable and great for having fun. Fully water cooled just like the bigger Street 750 and the V-Rod. I am thinking that Harley is testing the waters with these two new water cooled V-Twins and may eventually be forced by EPA emissions to abandon the air/oil cooled V-Twin and join the rest of the motorcycle world with full liquid cooling. From what I have heard on the water cooled heads on the new Ultra Limited it is not really helping that much and the bike is still going into parade mode when running slow on a hot day and shutting down the rear cylinder.

Ride safe.
    X

Attachment 11514

Quote Originally Posted by XHarley View Post
    Instead of that Royal Enfield as a second smaller bike for around town the new Harley Street 500 is very impressive. Sat on one at the dealership this past weekend and this is a small bike that would be very maneuverable and great for having fun. Fully water cooled just like the bigger Street 750 and the V-Rod. I am thinking that Harley is testing the waters with these two new water cooled V-Twins and may eventually be forced by EPA emissions to abandon the air/oil cooled V-Twin and join the rest of the motorcycle world with full liquid cooling. From what I have heard on the water cooled heads on the new Ultra Limited it is not really helping that much and the bike is still going into parade mode when running slow on a hot day and shutting down the rear cylinder.

Ride safe.
    X

Attachment 11514
    My second bike now is a XL 1200, too much for a bike to go around town. I would be skeptical on these. Even though this engine has been proven in a larger size this is the first year it has been engineered down and having owned various Harleys over 30 years, they use the public as their R&D so I'll pass. If the Enfield isn't doable I wouldn't hesitate to go with the Scout. Water cooling the heads is like spraying a water gun on a bonfire. Their biggest obstacle are the purists who'll bolt if they do go to liquid.

Limoles
    Where's the Big Dog? That Beemer is spectacular.
    Big Dog was sold to some kid from Long Island and he crashed it in the first week .
    Beemer found new owner in Pennsylvania . Since 2013 , he added 20.000 more miles .
    If I didn't see F6B , today I would ride K1600GT . Still keeping eye in her , because you never know ...