Anyone NOT own a handgun? - Page 12
Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone NOT own a handgun?

The land down under has most excelent rules and regulations when it comes to guns and gun ownership.
    When working as a pro???? I carried a Ruger Pro .38cal
    I have had a licence to carry concealed (In Australia)
    If I carried now I'd carry a semi Automatic Pistol, 10/12 shot in .22cal. 6 Mags
    Ammunition would be: Aguila Super Maximum Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 30 Grain Hyper Velocity, around 1700Fps.
    A kevlar vest wont stop it.
    When working previously as a Pro??? I wore a Ceramic Vest.
    Kevlars only for movies

Is it mentality , or culture ?

All Swiss Citizens in age of 20 - 30 who are able to carry any weapon , form National ( Militia ) Army , constantly trained , prepared for combat and able to fight in self defensive cause . Despite popularly accepted guns possession , none of them is permitted to keep ammunition at home. Even though , the crime in Switzerland is very minimal . I just wander - if such a law was adopted in USA , today America would be deserted already , leaving the only traces of home made bullets behind .

So , reading my question above , discussion still is open .

I was just wondering???
    Seeing as the United States Constitution says that only Protestants have the right right to keep and bear arms???
    Is it only Protestants that own guns in America?????
    Or have they changed that with amendments as well????

Aaaaaah, religion...perhaps mankind's dumbest invention.

No... religion isn't a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    +1
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I don't care what side of the Zimmerman case you fall on...but do you think, if he could would he change his decision considering all the changes in his life?
    Depends. If he was truly getting his head bashed into the earth... I suspect he'd do it again.

I don't know about you, but I would only be able to take getting my head bashed so many times.

The next contact to the head may kill you.

I don't ever want to experience that feeling. Will he stop before killing me?

No one HAS to protect themselves. Most find it perfectly accepable to be a potential victim. Some WANT to protect themselves. The defense of YOUR life only has to occur once. Everyone hopes they made the right decision.

Is there anyone here that does not have a fire extinguisher in their abode? If not....why? You probably will never need it. Here in Texas we follow all the rules the big fed man makes us abide by. It's state legislatures that infringe your rights with ideas rarely supported by fact but by emotion and fear.

I knew a guy that kept poisonous snakes in his house.....google and yahoo never had a study that supported his higher chance of being bitten by a poisonous snake. Strange.

I follow the law, so don't bother looking in my window. Freedom has certain risks.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    No... religion isn't a factor.
    Your constitution says it is
    But it has probably been amended out????
    Just like the part that says Big Mac's and Chocolate Shakes must be healthy

To answer the original question of this thread, no I do not carry and though it seems to be close to time to revisit that decision I have never had a need to. I grew up in and have lived briefly in places that most would not dare to go through, would drive 5 miles out of the way to avoid and I never carried.
    I relied on my wits and later in life my trained ability to defend myself without a pistol.
    Those years taught me that the more people with guns,the more people will get shot. For little to nothing.
    As I have gotten older I realize regrettably that I am not as quick or strong as I was in my youth and with the situation in this country going to hell I think about it more.
    A couple of comments,How we interpret the constitution is a matter of convenience. "Well regulated Militia" had no intent in old English or new to mean "anybody that can shoot". "Well regulated" hasn't changed definition.
    Another referring to Zimmerman.He approached that kid for no reason. He called the cops who told him to back off ,but he didn't. So the kid was completely innocent of any wrong doing and Zimmerman approached him anyway ,then got his ass kicked and relied on what had made him powerful(in his own mind) to kill the kid for nothing.Yeah he needed to defend himself ,but he started the altercation. How does that play?
    And there's my problem,I am black,I wear hoodies when it's cool as my head is bald.As would any thinking person,if you come up to me on my walk to 7/11(as I do for exercise) I will do my best to back you off verbally and if it gets physical I am the one who gets shot? Let's take race out of it gentlemen -how would you respond. Not hijacking the thread that's a done deal ,but it gets referred to as a reason to carry...and still I dont.Would I carry to defend myself against the kid or Zimmerman?
    Terry no ,our constitution expressly forbids religion and Government..but even those explicit words have fallen to interpretation of those who would profit from our division.
    Your right to carry I fully support but I have run into too many with legal guns that make me shudder.
    Whats really funny is last I checked,more people were killed by baseball bats....Dont carry one of those either..