Quote Originally Posted by thumper 549 View Post
OK
So money is the answer here?
That is not good enough for me.
The car tire is cheaper and last longer.
OK-
The tradeoff of course is and has to have less traction.
We know an MC tire is a lot more sticky than a car tire.
On my bikes in which I ride two up and HEAVY ( Road king is the other one)
I am happy with anything over 8K on the rear.
Yes, i could buy a longer lasting tire, but i want the gription.
You guys have fun and do as you wish.
I hate broken bones and have had enough already.
i will stick with Avon cobras and the like.
Thanx for the insight.
Carry on.
Money has little to do with it for me, I have roughly 100k on car tires on 3 different bikes. 98 Valk, 12 Wing and my F6. I have both a MC tire and car tire mounted and use both.

Benefits for me include:

Wet road traction- I live in Florida
Load capacity- I have gone cross country with the wife on the back pulling my 16 cubic ft tag along with all of HER stuff in it.

Run Flat-Had a Flat at work and road home 6 miles with zero pressure. Made me feel good later riding out west alone knowing I did not have to worry about a flat in places like Death Valley.

Panic Stop-practice them occasionally, might just be me but can stop quicker with the Michelin Alpin on the back.

Ride-Wife claims the ride from the back is smoother and quieter than with the OEM (which whines after a few thousand miles)

Last of all is mileage-not about $ though. I have Summer's off and have taken long trips (such as 12k in 6 weeks Florida to Alaska and back) It sucks having to have a tire change during a trip. Fronts last longer on my bikes and the car tire last much longer.

Add all of these up and the fact that I can hardly tell the difference and it makes sense to me.

It really boils down to a peace of mind. I like to be comfortable on my bike and I Am with either tire so I can see no reason not to use a car tire when I want. To each his own!!