2013 f6b transmission problems, should I buy one?

Thread: 2013 f6b transmission problems, should I buy one?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
    Transmission Problems

A small percentage of Goldwings and F6Bs built before 2014 experienced transmission problems. The problem often called "ghost shifting" was actually uncommanded downshifts, usually from 5th gear to 4th gear. I had a 2007 Goldwing that I put over 100,000 miles on with no problems. I also knew of a couple of other Goldwings that encountered problems almost from new. As far as I know the percentage of bikes with the problem was small but it was significant enough that Honda made a correction. It was also common enough that when I traded mine in on the F6B I was asked if it had any 5th gear problems and they test road it.

So there was a problem and if this bike your looking at is a good bike at a good price it depends on your risk tolerance.

Good luck
    Az Wingrider

Thanks for the info, I think the f6b is an incredible bike but knowing my luck if it has a common problem I'm going to be one of the people that experiences it. As hard as it is to pass on this deal I'm going to wait for a decent price on a low mileage 2014 or 2015. Hopefully that happens sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by dashiznit1 View Post
    Thanks for the info, I think the f6b is an incredible bike but knowing my luck if it has a common problem I'm going to be one of the people that experiences it. As hard as it is to pass on this deal I'm going to wait for a decent price on a low mileage 2014 or 2015. Hopefully that happens sooner than later.
    A few changes between the 14 and 15 years, you might want the cruise control and black pipes, I did.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    A few changes between the 14 and 15 years, you might want the cruise control and black pipes, I did.
    Good point but the 2015/16's are still pretty expensive. I could probably get a 2014 and buy a -------- left handlebar cruise control kit and some black aftermarket pipes for the same price as a 2015.