Talk me into, or out of, DCT please

Thread: Talk me into, or out of, DCT please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I like the DCT, but maybe I'm a little nostalgic and wary of adapting to it right away. I still feel like go fast cars are best with manual transmissions, even if the auto transmission can shift faster and smoother. Really, shouldn't a corvette have a manual transmission? The same with motorcycles. There are so few of us that even know how to drive a vehicle with a manual transmission these days. I think we'll have lost a little something when the next generation of cyclists won't know how to use a clutch-- and will think its crazy that previous generations had to shift gears with their foot!

Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post
    I like the DCT, but maybe I'm a little nostalgic and wary of adapting to it right away. I still feel like go fast cars are best with manual transmissions, even if the auto transmission can shift faster and smoother. Really, shouldn't a corvette have a manual transmission? The same with motorcycles. There are so few of us that even know how to drive a vehicle with a manual transmission these days. I think we'll have lost a little something when the next generation of cyclists won't know how to use a clutch-- and will think its crazy that previous generations had to shift gears with their foot!
    I get your point, but on the same line, I don't miss having to kick start a bike. I think the technology advancements can enhance riding.