Has anyone seen a video before and after for the motorcycle tire/car tire
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone seen a video before and after for the motorcycle tire/car tire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You know what they say about opinions!!!!

There are folks that swear skydiving is a blast too but you aint getting my ass to jump out of a perfectly good aircraft!!! Makes no sense to me like dark siding to some.

I got tired of reading non informed opinions and seeing the obvious hostility towards one side or the other, did the research, and tried it. I suggest you consider doing the same. Most of the dark siders I have heard from love it, some don't. But like me they did try it. Most of the ney sayers have not tried it, and honestly don't have a clue.
    As I said I did try it, and I let two of my friends ride my F6B dark sided, both liked it and are in the process of dark siding theirs. I took my rim and car tire off of my F6B and kept it when I traded the bike for the wing and will put it on the wing when I wear out the bike tire. You can get a used rim fairly cheap, and the tires, well you know.
    If you don't like it someone will certainly cover your costs in buying the set up..... I seriously had no negative comments running the dark side, but again I also ride motorcycle tires. I do like the thought of a run flat on the bike. I try not to sway anyone either way. But the Dark Side does work and it works well. I ride as hard as most do here in the mountains. Not a sport bike rider but I do push it and I don't even think about having a car tire on the back when I do.

I'd like to hear from an insurance adjuster on this subject. In an insurance coverage situation...at fault, no fault, would a CT have any involvement in a decision? I highlight insurance adjuster for a reason.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I'd like to hear from an insurance adjuster on this subject. In an insurance coverage situation...at fault, no fault, would a CT have any involvement in a decision? I highlight insurance adjuster for a reason.
    And I say its a non issue. Who is gonna run up , throw their self on the ground and declare , Its a Car Tire!!!! I mean really. You give people way too much credit. Nobody is gonna look at that. That car tire will out stop any MC tire on the market. My contact patch is almost 7 inches. Yours is an inch. I can't wait till September. I'm gonna show you and your Old Grey Mare what that car tire will do.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    And I say its a non issue. Who is gonna run up , throw their self on the ground and declare , Its a Car Tire!!!! I mean really. You give people way too much credit. Nobody is gonna look at that. That car tire will out stop any MC tire on the market. My contact patch is almost 7 inches. Yours is an inch. I can't wait till September. I'm gonna show you and your Old Grey Mare what that car tire will do.
    I don't run a car tire, but that has always been my thought too whenever the "Insurance" argument is used. I had an incident when some guy pulled out in front of me in his pickup a few years ago. I was on my Valk. All the insurance adjuster looked at was the areas that were damaged. My exhaust had some scratches and the engine guard and right front turn signal damaged.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

I can't say anything nice

So I won't say anything at all, its an opinion and you know what they say about opinions. I myself personally would never put a car tire on my motorcycle but that's just me and I let the world do any stupid thing they want.

Inspection Criteria

Living in Pa. my cycle requires a yearly State Safety Inspection. Once completed by a Authorized Repair Center/Garage, a Inspection Sticker is affixed to the cycle/vehicle. I carry a copy a copy of the Pa. Motorcycle Safety Inspection Criteria in my saddle bag. The Criteria clearly states that the vehicle has to be equipped with a DOT Approved Tires on DOT Approve Rims. My Rear General G-Max Car Tire is a DOT Approved Tire as is the DOT Approved F6B Rear Wheel. There is not a single sentence/article in the Inspection Criteria indicating MC or CT. Adding to the Big Picture, Trikes be they Gold Wings, Harley's, T-Rex and the new Polaris Sling Shot are all equipped with a "mix" of Cycle/Car Tires or in the case of the Sling Shot/T-Rex all Car Tires. All of the fore mentioned are registered as MC/Motor Cycles on the "Owner's Card". That said, the issue of car tire use being a factor in a "denied insurance claim" wouldn't "hold water" IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Living in Pa. my cycle requires a yearly State Safety Inspection. Once completed by a Authorized Repair Center/Garage, a Inspection Sticker is affixed to the cycle/vehicle. I carry a copy a copy of the Pa. Motorcycle Safety Inspection Criteria in my saddle bag. The Criteria clearly states that the vehicle has to be equipped with a DOT Approved Tires on DOT Approve Rims. My Rear General G-Max Car Tire is a DOT Approved Tire as is the DOT Approved F6B Rear Wheel. There is not a single sentence/article in the Inspection Criteria indicating MC or CT. Adding to the Big Picture, Trikes be they Gold Wings, Harley's, T-Rex and the new Polaris Sling Shot are all equipped with a "mix" of Cycle/Car Tires or in the case of the Sling Shot/T-Rex all Car Tires. All of the fore mentioned are registered as MC/Motor Cycles on the "Owner's Card". That said, the issue of car tire use being a factor in a "denied insurance claim" wouldn't "hold water" IMHO
    +1

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    This is the article that convinced me:

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/...-rim-tire.html

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I'll get off the tire thing, it's a no win situation and it doesn't matter that much. On the other hand, Don't sell the old gray mare short because yours is more shiny...shine doesn't equal speed. You're just more crazy than me...

shooter
    I'm not crazy. Just skilled.