Trailer Hitches - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trailer Hitches

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Are you going to move your license plate higher, or drive with the license plate hidden??
    I have no plans to move the license plate but I did add a light! Next thing you will want turn signals!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I have hitches on both 1800s. The F6 has a Kury horizontal receiver type. The 02 Wing has a vertical. I ended welding a square tube under the draw bar on the vertical to make it easy to use my Pack-it Rack. I prefer the horizontal to the vertical because the vertical is a PITA to do anything with.
    15 F6B Purple with purple monster flakes.
    13 CTX 700 DCT Red
    02 GL1800 Red

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I have no plans to move the license plate but I did add a light! Next thing you will want turn signals!
    Ordered my Carryall today, are those the plates he talks about for the lights?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobraguy View Post
    I have hitches on both 1800s. The F6 has a Kury horizontal receiver type. The 02 Wing has a vertical. I ended welding a square tube under the draw bar on the vertical to make it easy to use my Pack-it Rack. I prefer the horizontal to the vertical because the vertical is a PITA to do anything with.
    Thanks. That was part of what I was looking for. So you have been happy with the Kury hitch?

To those with the Rivco, so when you're not towing a trailer, you have that bar protruding through the fender? If not, how much of a PITA is that to remove and reinstall ?
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    To those with the Rivco, so when you're not towing a trailer, you have that bar protruding through the fender? If not, how much of a PITA is that to remove and reinstall ?
    Not really a problem. If you are young and can reach under the fender while kneeling, you just unclip the safety clip, pull the pin and then slide the towbar out the back. If you are older like me, and not as flexible anymore, just lay on the ground to reach the clip and pull the pin. Only takes less than a minute or two once you have practiced it a couple of times.

Electrical connection...

Jimmy... I hope ya don't mind me jumping' in here with a related question...

How about the electrical connection... what's the best way to mount the bike-side plug receptacle for the wiring?
    Anyone got a pic or two?
    Thanks!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

How much clearance between the towing bar and the rear fender? I have a LED tail /brake light in a chrome piece at the bottom of my fender .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    How much clearance between the towing bar and the rear fender? I have a LED tail /brake light in a chrome piece at the bottom of my fender .
    1" clearance at the top of the drawbar (where it goes through the fender) and almost 2" near the bottom of the fender. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Travelor View Post
    1" clearance at the top of the drawbar (where it goes through the fender) and almost 2" near the bottom of the fender. Hope this helps.
    That does , Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Ordered my Carryall today, are those the plates he talks about for the lights?
    Yes, an additional $17...worth it if you want to add a light !!! I got a LED light bar from Tractor Supply for $34. Worked out great !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com