GPS choice?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GPS choice?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post

All of my GPS's have the audio turned off. After my divorce I decided I do NOT care for another woman telling me when to turn and where to go!!!!
    LOL... Dan you can change it to a male voice
    2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

I don't like women telling me where or how to go either so my Tom Tom uses Homer Simpson's voice. But it's no better hearing a cor tune's voice telling me how to get to Hell.

Google Maps on my Note 5. Big bright screen, quick calculations, up-to-date traffic, and automatically blends with the Bluetooth streaming music (and the occasional phone call). And it's free!

I used the 660 for about 4 years now. After a lot of updates, it sometimes still reacts too slow for me. A lot of times not a fluent image while riding. Sometimes the map doesn't move at all when you need it,white screen without the map or the voice tells you to take a right turn and the map shows you to go to the left. To zoom in or out goes very slow, in heavy sunlight, you see nothing. With a cardo g4 the bluetooth was ok but now with a sena s20, couldn't play music stored in gps. Now with the tomtom rider 400, i realise that the 660 is like an old pc.bad screen, To slow and not a lot of possibilities.

Count me as another one that isn't overly impressed with the 665, especially considering the cost. I've had other, less expensive, Garmins that outperformed it but unfortunately, those weren't water resistant. I got my 665 used from a friend so I'm just glad I didn't pay full price for it. On a more positive note, the 665 does have some nice features and, of course, has built-in Sirius/XM capability. Now that I no longer fund the Sirius/XM monopoly, the 665 isn't as important to me. Two other points...there are ways to improve screen visibility in strong sunlight. There is a filtering screen made for the 665 and you can add a shading hood as well. Both of these make a big difference.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Old Tom Tom here.
    Bought a $39.00 weather case/mount for it. Works fine.

Zumo 550 and love it

Chris

shooter
    Garmin Dezl 560 LMT. Its tough and has the capability to hook up a backup camera. Thought that might be nice in city traffic to be able to watch what is happening behind you. I also like the powered cradle. You get off and pop it off the cradle and put it in your pocket.

GPS choice

I have a Zumo 665 and find that it does a great job for me. I am not sure why some complain about not being able to download gpx maps into the 665 because I do it and have never experienced a problem with doing it. I also use mine with the volume turned off and I do run a shade to help with visibility. Different strokes for different folks, but I am satisfied with mine

I still use my trusty old Garmin Zumo 550.