Gas prices ... will they hit $1.50 ??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Gas prices ... will they hit $1.50 ???

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe187 View Post
    ouch...you got that tool kit and abs to ease the pain!!
    And snow on the ground until the end of March. I'm so happy I could wet myself. ...............

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    I've been paying around $2.24 for regular unleaded this week in the Houston area. I believe it will go under $2 in the next few months, but will be shocked if it goes anywhere near $1 a gallon. I do remember paying .99 cents in TX around 2001 which wasn't all that long ago.
    Oil prices averaged $23 bbl in 2001. One outlet here in Oklahoma was selling regular this week for $1.99. Enjoy it while you can boys, it won't stay this cheap.

it was lower...sorry...I don't get receipts and don't remember..although I did fill up twice today !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

If you are interested in what low oil prices mean, read this article. This ain't my first rodeo with the collapse of oil prices. Most all new production is from shale, which has tremendous decline rates over conventional reservoirs.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/plu...uel-2014-12-05

I think the main issue here is that Russia's economy is based on fuel prices to some degree...if oil falls below $70 per barrel..then they will do something stupid to raise it back up !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Oil prices averaged $23 bbl in 2001. One outlet here in Oklahoma was selling regular this week for $1.99. Enjoy it while you can boys, it won't stay this cheap.
    I'm with hiflyer on this one. Also, the current lower price is happening in spite of our anti-fossil fuel government. Of course, they will be taking credit for it
    Ken (Hornblower)

I'm sure somebody will jump on a political rant here soon (which I could live without), but one reason that prices are going down is because of the increase in North American oil production. Oil production in states like Oklahoma, Texas and North Dakota has doubled in the last six years. OPEC is losing its ability to control global prices and Europe is a mess right now. We may enjoy it for a while. And no major natural disasters recently to disrupt supply chains.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeson View Post
    Oil production in states like Oklahoma, Texas and North Dakota has doubled in the last six years. OPEC is losing its ability to control global prices and Europe is a mess right now. We may enjoy it for a while.
    Too many governments with their hands in the oil money stream. Just look at the taxes on each gallon of gas. Our own federal, state and local governments will see a decline of revenue (percentage taxes) that they have become accustomed to and now will either cut back, increase taxes or do whatever they can to drive oil prices back up.

Many Oil producing countries that rely on oil as a major source of their budgets would be content with $80-$100 oil, regretfully we the consumer are the ones paying for that. Oil WILL go back up, you can count on it.

http://www.api.org/oil-and-natural-g...s/gasoline-tax
    Let's keep the thread going on prices

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

The politico's in Michigan are already in the process of raising our gas taxes .20 cents a gallon to pay for the worst roads in the nation....Michigan already has one of the highest gas taxes in the country so any reduction in the price of gas is welcome and appreciated...I would not hold my breath for long, although, as higher heating costs in parts of the country will off-set any gas price reductions...And one can bet that the "brilliant and talented" idiots in Washington will find a way to raise taxes on something else that will put us right back where we started!!!JMHO

Around 2.69 for low grade here in Nevada.We have pretty high local and state gas taxes here on fuel,but I really do not mind paying it as our roads and hiways here are kept up in great condition.If you drive west and once you cross into the Cali border your suspension tells you it has left the smooth NV road!Federal gas tax will have to go up in the future as the Hiways and bridges all over the country-most in the east are really in need of repair and replacement.Lots of these bridges have outlived there intended life span by 50 years or more and are flat out in danger of a major problem-But a major collapse of one and many lifes lost are what it takes the dirtbags in Washington to act outside of political pandering.