Just ordered my SoCal headlights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just ordered my SoCal headlights

Just ordered my SoCal headlights

Just ordered the low and hi beam led headlights for my bike and figure that I will put them in when I do my heated grips. Have to remove a lot of plastic for the grip install and this way I will be able to get to the bulbs much easier. Curious on what others have used to secure the ballast with - was thinking double sided 3m tape.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

I used tie wraps to hold up the mini ballasts and some of the wiring.

Be very careful placing the adapters in to the headlight housings. I dropped one into the right housing, and had to take the whole front fairing off to be able to get to it.

I suggest using a straightened out wire coat hanger or something similar as a guide, placing one end in to the headlight housing, and then slide the adapter around the wire and down to the housing. Secure the adapter in place before removing the wire coat hanger.

This will save you from having to try and fish the adapter out from wherever it fell.

BTW, you will love the lights. They are amazingly bright!

Quote Originally Posted by pilotguy299 View Post

Be very careful placing the adapters in to the headlight housings. I dropped one into the right housing, and had to take the whole front fairing off to be able to get to it.

I suggest using a straightened out wire coat hanger or something similar as a guide, placing one end in to the headlight housing, and then slide the adapter around the wire and down to the housing. Secure the adapter in place before removing the wire coat hanger.

This will save you from having to try and fish the adapter out from wherever it fell.

Thanks for the tip!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Quote Originally Posted by pilotguy299 View Post

Wow, those lights look great.
    Adding them to the top of my list!

I went to replace my stock halogen headlight bulbs with LED's tonight. Only to find out that my bike does not have stock H7 bulbs. It has STANLEY SN911-01200's, which are about a quarter of an inch wider prong dimension compared to H7 .
    Anybody else have this issue? I can't drop in H7 bulbs and have them work with the stock harness.
    Bummer! What to do?

What year is your bike? This the first I've heard of this....

Quote Originally Posted by ccasch View Post
    I went to replace my stock halogen headlight bulbs with LED's tonight. Only to find out that my bike does not have stock H7 bulbs. It has STANLEY SN911-01200's, which are about a quarter of an inch wider prong dimension compared to H7 .
    Anybody else have this issue? I can't drop in H7 bulbs and have them work with the stock harness.
    Bummer! What to do?
    Are you taking into account the H4 adapter that is plugged into the H7 bulb? You do realize that adapter unplugs from the bulb, right?
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Are you taking into account the H4 adapter that is plugged into the H7 bulb? You do realize that adapter unplugs from the bulb, right?
    Did some checking. It looks like the STANLEY SN911-01200 is the adapter.
    Albuquerque, NM

Thanks for the response! I was looking at my phone pictures a few minutes ago, I was just noticing the picture that I took of my bulb last night shows a metal base attached to a polycomposite adapter… Oh well sometimes it's better for me to learn the hard way :-)

Installed the low beams last week, really like them. My forearms took a beating trying to reach through but from the front it was easier. Secured the ballast and excessive wire on the ledge to the side with adhesive backed velcro so I can easily move them if I need.