Cobra 6 Pipes - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cobra 6 Pipes

removing baffles

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Well I fought like hell and got those baffles out. The pics will show you how rusted they are. I fired it up, let the fans cycle and went for a ride. They sound amazing at idle but now the drone is louder. We'll see if I can get adjusted to them. I know it's the nature of the beast. I wonder if I do a mod to the crossover if it will sound better. If not I'm gonna go back to stock. Someone else can try these out.

Attachment 4610
    boby can I see a pic of the tools you use to remove the baffles mine pipes are new and having hart time getting those baffles out.

Quote Originally Posted by badpapi View Post
    boby can I see a pic of the tools you use to remove the baffles mine pipes are new and having hart time getting those baffles out.
    I sprayed allot of WD 40 up inside the pipes and let it sit for a while.
    Then took a bent strong wire/rod with a vicegrip and hooked on the farthest edge working it out.
    Once it gets close enough to the outer edge you can grab them and pull the rest of the way.
    They're a very snug fit.

If you are going to replace them take a long rod and cloth and swab some WD40 around the inside of the pipe as far as the baffles goes. Much easier to put back.

Bill

thanks bill

Quote Originally Posted by billphoenix View Post
    I sprayed allot of WD 40 up inside the pipes and let it sit for a while.
    Then took a bent strong wire/rod with a vicegrip and hooked on the farthest edge working it out.
    Once it gets close enough to the outer edge you can grab them and pull the rest of the way.
    They're a very snug fit.

If you are going to replace them take a long rod and cloth and swab some WD40 around the inside of the pipe as far as the baffles goes. Much easier to put back.

Bill
    I went to my old vtxoa page and found a tool picture the some guy have made before and went to lowes and spend like 5 dollars worth of stuff made it and worked good I will post a picture soon.

Does anyone have an audio of six 2 six. pipes sound ? I would likely know before I buy. Don't want to end up selling them cheap cause I don't like the sound.

Quote Originally Posted by jdurbin View Post
    Does anyone have an audio of six 2 six. pipes sound ? I would likely know before I buy. Don't want to end up selling them cheap cause I don't like the sound.
    Sounds like a small block v8 at idle. Drone will buzz your skull on the highway unless you remove the catalytic converters.

Do a search and there's video on here somewhere.

I designed a set of pipes for my rune and had a hollow droning sound and after wrapping the baffles with muffler cloth it toned them down and make the sound more deeper....Looking at the pics of the cobra baffles there is plenty of room for a nice muffler cloth or steel wool...You can get steel zip ties to secure the packing to the baffles so it doesnt get pinched or wedged when sliding the baffles back in...Good luck
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have the Cobras on mine and have had for over a year. I like the sound and see no need to remove baffles. I also would wonder about the change of back pressure causing the ECM to not give the best fuel mileage, like lowering the mileage over all. I will keep mine as they came and recommend them.
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Mekong Delta/Can Tho/ Rung Sat- 8/66 ~ 8/68

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I'm not this upset, but it reminded me of this scene from Liar Liar.

Now that's some funny shit right there!

I love the looks of these pipes, especially now that they are BLACK, and I'll probably like the sound too, but I just find it hard to spend $800 on ANYTHING from Cobra! Considering I co-founded cruisercustomizing.com, I have a LOT of experience with Cobra products, and they are generally crap IMHO. How durable have these proven to be for those that have them? Does anyone have the black ones installed? Are you happy with them?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
    Now that's some funny shit right there!

I love the looks of these pipes, especially now that they are BLACK, and I'll probably like the sound too, but I just find it hard to spend $800 on ANYTHING from Cobra! Considering I co-founded cruisercustomizing.com, I have a LOT of experience with Cobra products, and they are generally crap IMHO. How durable have these proven to be for those that have them? Does anyone have the black ones installed? Are you happy with them?
    A few people reported some minor rust issues with early generation pipes, 2013 model year, around the fittings where the pipes were bolted on to the header pipes, so to speak...I drilled a small hole under the pipe where it connects to the stock set-up to drain any moisture and no issues after 3 years of use...Look like new so far and still sound great to me....Ride safe