Just ordered a Russell
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just ordered a Russell

Just ordered a Russell

Well, after contemplating a Russell Day-Long seat for my last three bikes, I've finally taken the plunge on one for the F6B! I've never even seen a Russell seat in person, but have read numerous great reviews on various forums. That was enough to convince me.
    I went with a heated black solo with leather inserts in a half moon pattern. Since I am frozen in Nebraska, I am unable to do a ride-in service. So, I'll have to email pictures and measurements for the fitting. This is a significant investment on the bike and I can't wait to see the finished product. I'm sure I will hear back on a production date this week, but with no chance of thaw over the next couple of months it all works out well.

-Jeff

That sounds like the same seat I had on my V-Strom, minus the heat. I think you're gonna like that "Half Moon" pattern. Be sure to treat the leather inserts every once in a while, I neglected to do that and it was showing some wear when I got rid of the bike after 3 years of use. Good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    That sounds like the same seat I had on my V-Strom, minus the heat. I think you're gonna like that "Half Moon" pattern. Be sure to treat the leather inserts every once in a while, I neglected to do that and it was showing some wear when I got rid of the bike after 3 years of use. Good choice.
    I'll be sure to treat the leather inserts; thanks for the heads-up. This will be my first leather seat. I've always had vinyl on my stock seats and on the Mustang and Corbin seats that I've had in years past. I'm hoping for a much higher level of comfort and to finally be able to retire my Airhawk seat cushion.

Would like to see it when you get it installed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Amipro View Post
    Would like to see it when you get it installed.
    No problem. Since you are in Omaha, you can see it ln person if you would like. I'll post pictures also.

WP_20150714_16_35_11_Pro.jpg
    Here the dual seat on a F6B trike. I ordered it last winter so it was on the trike to start the riding season.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    Attachment 18276
    Here the dual seat on a F6B trike. I ordered it last winter so it was on the trike to start the riding season.
    Nice looking seat! I hope it is as comfortable as it looks.

I forgot I used some Doc Bailey's clear on the seat https://www.leatherclear.com/cgi-bin...ge=dochome.htm to seal and waterproof. I ordered mine from their site and was ready to apply it before mounting.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Necanefan,

You're going to LOVE the seat. I had one on my Valk Interstate and could ride gas stop to gas stop without butt burn. Before that, with both the stock seat and Ultimate, I couldn't only go 125 miles.

I also second the Doc Bailey's clear recommendation. I used it on my current F6b seat(a Mustang) and it really does a nice job of keeping it looking like new. It also seems to have waterproofed the stitching nicely!
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

Thanks for the info in the Doc Bailey's, guys. I'll make sure an order arrives prior to the delivery of the Russell.