Introduction - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Introduction

Circle-5
    Unless you know the seller personally, including how he maintained his bike, buy the brand new F6B if you can afford it. Also, if the seller is NOT a member of this forum, then you know he is a shady character, who cannot be trusted.

Thanks guys!

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I REALLY wanted to go with the new one, but after talking with the dealer this morning, and hearing that they want to tack on another $1000 for assembly, $400 for freight, then $500 for delivery, I would be looking at $15,500 OTD, and that's just a bit tougher to swing. They also said they can't handle the financing because I would have to be there personally to sign the papers so they can be witnessed, so I would have to arrange financing locally, which I could do, but some of my friends pointed out to me that I just bought a new car recently, and do I really want to keep piling on even more debt? I'll just got for the 2013 and hope that it's been maintained properly. -sigh-

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback guys. I REALLY wanted to go with the new one, but after talking with the dealer this morning, and hearing that they want to tack on another $1000 for assembly, $400 for freight, then $500 for delivery, I would be looking at $15,500 OTD, and that's just a bit tougher to swing. They also said they can't handle the financing because I would have to be there personally to sign the papers so they can be witnessed, so I would have to arrange financing locally, which I could do, but some of my friends pointed out to me that I just bought a new car recently, and do I really want to keep piling on even more debt? I'll just got for the 2013 and hope that it's been maintained properly. -sigh-
    Doesn't sound like you're really that excited to "settle" for the red one. Maybe you are, but that's just the way it sounds. I'd wait...the right bike for you is out there. But good luck either way!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you are going to "settle" for the "red one" - have the Dealer do the 20k and 24k mile servicings to it gratis.
    That will include everything.

See the gouge card at the end of the first post in this thread:
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?9...ed-27-Jul-2016

Best of luck,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

The Red One

The price tag says 9,999.00. I've never paid full price for any vehicle.
    Get them to do the services for you and get the delivery and get them to give 90-120 days of buyers remorse coverage. That way if the bike is a lemon, it'll show up in that time frame and you can take it back. Good looking bike too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcityd View Post
    The price tag says 9,999.00. I've never paid full price for any vehicle.
    Get them to do the services for you and get the delivery and get them to give 90-120 days of buyers remorse coverage. That way if the bike is a lemon, it'll show up in that time frame and you can take it back. Good looking bike too.
    Well I don't know about problems showing up in 90-120 days, as it's snowing here and I wont get to ride it until at least March/April.

At a minimum I will have them replace the air filter. I'd pay to upgrade it to a K&N (I assume you guys recommend that?) as long as they throw in the labor! I know it sounds like I'm not thrilled to get the used bike but I am. Of course I would rather have the new one, but it just doesn't seem very wise to spend over 50% more for the new one than the used one. I guess I'm just a bit hesitant because I'm buying the bike sight unseen. I've purchased 2 other bikes in the past sight unseen, one new, one used, and everything turned out great, so I need to talk to the dealer more to see what they can do to alleviate my fears. Surely they can sweeten the pot a bit, right? One way or another I'll be getting an F6B soon. Most likely the red one. 29,000 miles is nothing for this engine. I'm just not sure 29,000 fewer miles and a 3 year warranty are worth another $5500.

Stay tuned! Thanks for all of the advice guys!

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    If you are going to "settle" for the "red one" - have the Dealer do the 20k and 24k mile servicings to it gratis.
    That will include everything.

See the gouge card at the end of the first post in this thread:
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?9...ed-27-Jul-2016

Best of luck,
    Steve
    Thanks Steve, that was the first thread I read, and I already printed out that card! I've been on motorcycle forums since 1998 (and have been a moderator of a few) so I know to read all the "newbies read this first" threads before asking a million questions. That's where I read about what a PITA replacing the air filter is!

They said the servicing is current, I'll ask them for something in writing to that effect. Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
    Well I don't know about problems showing up in 90-120 days, as it's snowing here and I wont get to ride it until at least March/April.

At a minimum I will have them replace the air filter. I'd pay to upgrade it to a K&N (I assume you guys recommend that?) as long as they throw in the labor! I know it sounds like I'm not thrilled to get the used bike but I am. Of course I would rather have the new one, but it just doesn't seem very wise to spend over 50% more for the new one than the used one. I guess I'm just a bit hesitant because I'm buying the bike sight unseen. I've purchased 2 other bikes in the past sight unseen, one new, one used, and everything turned out great, so I need to talk to the dealer more to see what they can do to alleviate my fears. Surely they can sweeten the pot a bit, right? One way or another I'll be getting an F6B soon. Most likely the red one. 29,000 miles is nothing for this engine. I'm just not sure 29,000 fewer miles and a 3 year warranty are worth another $5500.

Stay tuned! Thanks for all of the advice guys!
    I don't recommend this. K&N's need to be serviced more frequently than the paper.
    My air filter at ~30k miles looked about like it might sorta need changing.

I wouldn't install a K&N, but there are many who have.

Use the extra $$ and get an inspection camera so you can see when the filter needs changing.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/digital...era-61839.html

Cheers,
    Steve

PS - I use K&Ns in ALL my cages - so I am not biased.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

here's the latest, need advice (again)

Tanks Steve,

That's what I was kinda thinking. I have K&N's on my M109R and they need to be regularly cleaned and oiled. That would be a major PITA to do on the F6B.

So what are people paying to have the 20K servicing done? What about the 24K servicing? I emailed the dealership last night telling them my concerns:

A. no warranty
    B. unable to provide service records so there's no proof that any servicing has ever been done
    C. buying the bike sight unseen

I told them I'm ready to buy the NEW bike instead unless they can allay my fears by performing these maintenance services before delivering the bike. Still waiting for their response. This is a HUGE dealership that has over 600 bikes on their sales floor, millions in inventory. Surely they would be willing to pay one of their mechanics for a few hours labor to perform this maintenance if it means persuading me to buy their bike over another dealers new one, right? Is my request unreasonable?

The dealer responded that the 24000 mile servicing is $650 and they've offered to split it with me. So $325, I believe this includes replacing the air filter, right? They can do it today but want my OK. I've seen where you guys said this servicing is mostly stuff I could do myself. You guys know this bike better than I do obviously, should I go for it? Thanks!