Driving lights

Thread: Driving lights

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I went with the Show Chrome Tridium fog lights -- if you choose to go that route you can get lampguards to protect the glass for about $13 or so. Also made by Show Chrome. The lampguards also help to fill in some of the inevitable gaps between the light and plastic housing. Very happy with the look -- small driving light on at all times unless you switch to full fog light.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    I went with the Show Chrome Tridium fog lights -- if you choose to go that route you can get lampguards to protect the glass for about $13 or so. Also made by Show Chrome. The lampguards also help to fill in some of the inevitable gaps between the light and plastic housing. Very happy with the look -- small driving light on at all times unless you switch to full fog light.
    Did not know those existed. Did you notice any reduction in nighttime light output with the lamp-guards?
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Frye View Post
    Did not know those existed. Did you notice any reduction in nighttime light output with the lamp-guards?
    I do my best to keep night riding to a minimum so honestly can't say I notice any difference in light output with the guards (as long as you keep them clean). They attach via small velcro tabs so extremely easy to take on and off as the situation dictates. Will send you a PM with further info.

Quote Originally Posted by Frye View Post
    Thanks Brasco, I bought these after you brought them to my attention. Many thanks for doing so. They look way better, protect the lens from rocks and don't hinder the light output in anyway I can detect. And I ride to work in deer country before dawn every morning if it's not raining or below 32 degrees. Thanks to the craziness this nationwide house arrest is causing me I even rode in one recent morning at 26 degrees. It was well worth it too!
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    I installed the same kit and at first I had some larger spaces but managed to fit and re-fit, and re-fit the lower piece so that the fit is snug all around each light. It was a royal PIA to fit the lower cowel though. A bike lift would have been nice on this job.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!