Need Help With Pipes

Thread: Need Help With Pipes

Need Help With Pipes

Finally put away the funds for new pipes for my F6. Tried the Cobras on a friends bike last week and didn't like the sound at cruising speed. Did like the sound clip on the Bassani pipes but a lot getting said about the different size gaps on both pipes. Is it that bad? What other options might you recommend. I ride 50% with an open face helmet and 50% with no helmet. It has to be real cold for me to put on the full face coverage (that's 40s here in Florida). I want to purchase ASAP. Tax refund is in. Thanks in advanced and I enjoy reading this forum.

I got the black chrome TorqMaster Daytona's.Not loud but not stock quiet.I like them a lot no drone with 2 baffles in each side
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ride it like you stole it

Have a look at Rush exhaust system. Good price, quality stuff, nice sound with different size baffles for different sound. Search youtube for sound.

Pipes

Thanks for the ideas. I went to You Tube and the Rush seem to have that dreaded Drone sound at speed. Has anyone put on the Bassani pipes? Does the gaps between the slip-ons and shield that excessive and stand out?

Rush pipes come w/ 3 different baffle sizes (2",2 1/4", & 2 1/2").
    Ran into Green Hornet over the weekend and he has 2" baffle Rush pipes and they sound really good (not loud but not stock) and he's happy with em.

http://www.mdracingstp.com/W51-rush-cruisers.html

Note: The longest tips work the best and come beyond the back of saddlebags.
    13 F6B Deluxe I've taken the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?
    I don't buy a bike to impress other people, just me !!

Another for Torq Masters. I have the King Snakes and have had the almost a year and well over 15000 miles. Good quality pipes, mellow sound, no drone, at a reasonable price.
    Attachment 5229
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

indiatango
    Just PM me directly if you want input on the Bassani pipes.