Gas mileage is sic! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gas mileage is sic!

I have almost 4K miles and have been getting between 38 - 42 MPG. This is combined highway/city riding with a pretty heavy throttle and some of my speeds are well in excess of the posted TX limits. Honda definitely understates the MPG by claiming only 34 MPG on their website specs.

Honda website specs:

34 MPG - Miles per gallon values are calculated estimates of fuel consumed during laboratory exhaust emissions tests specified by the EPA, not during on road riding.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I don't know and don't care...... but the math does keep your mind sharpe!!!!
    I have to agree with Steve ! I love riding the F6B so much I don't care what she gets for mileage, but it's good to know anyways.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by foodog2 View Post
    I have tracked mine since day one 3 miles with an iPhone app. I average 39.77 over 2200 miles.
    I downloaded too many mileage apps, what app works for you?

I am one of those riders who really does not worry of keep track of gas mileage on my F6B or any other of the bikes I have had..I ride for the fun and enjoyment of biking and will leave mileage issues to my car purchases as I put a lot more miles on them than my bike.....JMHO

For What it's Worth!!

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    I downloaded too many mileage apps, what app works for you?
    I'm using "MileageKeeper" for iphone....13,000 miles and 42.2 miles per gallon since my first fill up.....

I routinely get around 42mpg.

My former VFR 1200 got 36 mpg on the hwy, worse in the twisties. The 6 has 50% more cc's, 200+ more pounds and has been getting me 40+ mpgs.

My insurance premium was also cut in half. Does that mean I ride an old man's bike now? Hehe! Got to love it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Before the breathing air is gone, before the sun is just a bright star in the night sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    I have to agree with Steve ! I love riding the F6B so much I don't care what she gets for mileage, but it's good to know anyways.
    Dickie doesn't care what mileage he gets. He puts gas in it,rides it till it needs gas, refills and goes again. I have no idea my gas milage. Not sure why anyone would really care. After riding Harleys for years its pleasant not having to put High Test fuel in it........................Dickie

shooter
    I guess I'm different than a lot of you guys. I generally check mileage every tank. It's easy , I have a trip meter which I reset at refill time and another for the total trip. I ride the B 2up 99% of the time and consistently average 40 to 42 mpg. I'm happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Dickie doesn't care what mileage he gets. He puts gas in it,rides it till it needs gas, refills and goes again. I have no idea my gas milage. Not sure why anyone would really care. After riding Harleys for years its pleasant not having to put High Test fuel in it........................Dickie
    Well, so much for trying to pass on some information to the group. Judging from most of the responses, I don't think most of you read my post saying WHY I checked it on my first road trip. That's ok, I'll just sit back and read this board.