Remote saddlebag door release? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remote saddlebag door release?

Awesome little system.
    Probably could have found the parts cheaper and built my own kit, but I just couldn't be arsed.
    No drain on the battery that I have found.
    Of course, Isleen is on a tender whenever she's home.

This is a must for the Corbin Smuggler mod.
    Not sure how the cosmetics look with the levers removed from the stock seat.
    JimmyTee?

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Awesome little system.
    Probably could have found the parts cheaper and built my own kit, but I just couldn't be arsed.
    No drain on the battery that I have found.
    Of course, Isleen is on a tender whenever she's home.

This is a must for the Corbin Smuggler mod.
    Not sure how the cosmetics look with the levers removed from the stock seat.
    JimmyTee?

Cheers,
    Steve
    The levers stay put in the grab bars. They just will not function.So cosmetically, no change.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Installed the kit just before heading to Daytona a few weeks back. It is absolutely worth it. It would never fail I would be on the bike with it running and my wife would need to add something to the saddle bag. Now I no longer have to shut off the bike and walk around to use the key. I also put a bit of heat shrink around the fob to soften it up against hitting the area around the ignition. You can still hit the button through it.

I installed these and love them. For the dead battery issue I have a lead that for the jumpbox I carry in the cubby. So if the battery is ever dead I can just plug it in and go. No tools needed got the jumpbox and lead at cyclegear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gssbmm View Post
    I installed these and love them. For the dead battery issue I have a lead that for the jumpbox I carry in the cubby. So if the battery is ever dead I can just plug it in and go. No tools needed got the jumpbox and lead at cyclegear.
    I have one of those "Halo Bolt" jump boxes... I wonder if it will fit in the cubby box as well...? Must check. Normally I planned to carry it in the saddlebags but if I ever get the Remote saddlebag release gizmo's... wouldn't be a good idea I guess

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I have one of those "Halo Bolt" jump boxes... I wonder if it will fit in the cubby box as well...? Must check. Normally I planned to carry it in the saddlebags but if I ever get the Remote saddlebag release gizmo's... wouldn't be a good idea I guess
    I've got the pigtail / jack for a battery tender. Have a plug with alligator clips to power up, if needed. Keep it in the saddlebag......er uh wait better rethink that.....lol
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Welp... went ahead and ordered the remote Saddlebag openers. Guess it's time for another mod for the bike...

..grabbed some Muth mirrors as well. Been wanting those for quite awhile too.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

I thought I remember reading somewhere that a 9V battery is enough power if you have a dead battery. Anyone know?
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Ordered myself one..
    right from MBL though..

Received the Muth Mirrors and the remote bag openers yesterday from Winfstuff.com. Got the Muth mirrors already installed (easy peasy to do). They looks GREAT!

Gonna do the saddlebag remote openers prolly today... I just need to figure out a cleaner way to attach all of my multiple accessory power leads to the battery (Gerbings power lead, Battery maintainer pigtail, and now the remote Saddlebag receiver lead).

Think that I'm going to splice them all into one power eyelet (keeping the fused leads for each one further down each wire). That'll clean up the attachment point at the battery.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537