Corbin vs Daylong
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Corbin vs Daylong

Corbin vs Daylong

I changed by factory seat to the corbin with backrest. After 2 hours I need a break from pain in the butt. Is the daylong seat really day long?

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    I changed by factory seat to the corbon with backrest. After 2 hours I need a break from pain in the butt. Is the daylong seat really day long?
    The Corbins do take some miles to break in properly. That being said, they're not for everyone. I like mine and find it very comfortable. Mine has been reupholstered in a black velour and I bought it used from another member who had already broke it in.

If, I felt inclined to change, though, the Day Long seats are where I'd turn. Never heard a complaint about them. They are built to suit the individual rider.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    The Corbins do take some miles to break in properly. That being said, they're not for everyone. I like mine and find it very comfortable. Mine has been reupholstered in a black velour and I bought it used from another member who had already broke it in.

If, I felt inclined to change, though, the Day Long seats are where I'd turn. Never heard a complaint about them. They are built to suit the individual rider.
    I have about 4000 miles on it, so my guess is that it is broken in

Just got off the phone will Russel. They said their seat would increase the height by about 2 inches which won't work for me unless I lower the bike. Oh well.

Corbin seats require patience to break in. You have to get many, many rides in for it to conform to your butt. It's all about having no pressure points which is what causes pain. Once your seat is broken in it will feel wonderful. This is my third Corbin and I would not get anything else. But that is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevvvo View Post
    Corbin seats require patience to break in. You have to get many, many rides in for it to conform to your butt. It's all about having no pressure points which is what causes pain. Once your seat is broken in it will feel wonderful. This is my third Corbin and I would not get anything else. But that is my opinion.
    How many miles does it take to break in?

Corbin indicates 1500 - 2000 miles so your way past the break in period. Did you purchase your seat new or used? Not sure if you can break in a used seat. Good question for Corbin.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevvvo View Post
    Corbin indicates 1500 - 2000 miles so your way past the break in period. Did you purchase your seat new or used? Not sure if you can break in a used seat. Good question for Corbin.
    That's what I though they said. I bought it new.

Just got off the phone will Russel. They said their seat would increase the height by about 2 inches which won't work for me unless I lower the bike. Oh well.
    That doesn't sound right. I have sat on other's bikes who had the Day Long and didn't notice that. There is always the Ultimate Seats. That's what I have on my Valkyrie and like them very much.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Russell "Sport Seat"

Ask Russell about their "sport seat" option. It is lower, with out the springs but designed the same way. I have had several Russell Seats and the one sport seat I had on a Suzuki B-King was fantastic. definitely "Day Long"! No offense to Corbin Seat lovers but they are hard as rock like a horse saddle. If Russel would have made horse saddles at the turn of the century cowboys would have bought them (no saddle sores).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Seat Alternative

I didn't go with Day Long either because of the height. Went to Rick Mayer ( rickmayercycle.com ) who is also in northern CA and does custom, made to order seats on your original pan. It's not as tall as the Day Long. I've heard that at Iron Butt gatherings, if riders aren't on a Day Long, they are most likely on a Rick Mayer. Very happy with mine. I can spend all day in the saddle and never think about it at all. No discomfort of any kind. Not thinking about a seat while riding on it all day is about the highest accolade you could give a seat.