Horrible Dealer Experience - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Horrible Dealer Experience

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I still shoot up there from time to time but just don't make it a habit anymore. I am enjoying the retirement that the Lord is letting me have. I don't complain about my age cause there have been too many that never made it here and if I had kept the M109R I wouldn't have made it here either. I wasn't scared of the top end on the bike. I have just rethought my the way to enjoying all these years left to me.
    We have a lot in common in respect to riding and bikes. I'm not retired yet and don't have the disposable income you have, but otherwise.... !
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

What!

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    We have a lot in common in respect to riding and bikes. I'm not retired yet and don't have the disposable income you have, but otherwise.... !
    You think Obama is making me rich! I am not an illegal alien that gets all my stuff for free! But I am just waiting until these moron in Washington bury all of us and then watch the rats leaving the sinking ship!

You think Obama is making me rich! I am not an illegal alien that gets all my stuff for free! But I am just waiting until these moron in Washington bury all of us and then watch the rats leaving the sinking ship!
    I guess I used the wrong icon...it was a joke! Our philosophy on riding is the same with the same bike in our past.

I'm not for Bernie Sanders. I work my ass off everyday dealing with aholes and I'm not jealous of what you have or do. I never got a hand out in my life either.

I hope you're not as pissed off as this looks...didn't mean to rile feathers.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

I still shoot up there from time to time but just don't make it a habit anymore. I am enjoying the retirement that the Lord is letting me have. I don't complain about my age cause there have been too many that never made it here and if I had kept the M109R I wouldn't have made it here either. I wasn't scared of the top end on the bike. I have just rethought my the way to enjoying all these years left to me.
    My reason for getting rid of my GSXR 1000. When I quit being afraid of it, I realized it was time for a change.
    I'd rather be on my bike thinking about God than in church thinking about my bike.

Remember not how a man died, but rather how he lived.

RIP:
    MVSB
    SpeedGeek
    Saxon
    Eric Gustafson

I am curious, when you gave him your price, was that out the door price? Maybe its done differently but in Calif. we always give OTD price so there is no confusion

Quote Originally Posted by TailGunner View Post
    I am curious, when you gave him your price, was that out the door price? Maybe its done differently but in Calif. we always give OTD price so there is no confusion
    Yes. I specially said this is the price with add ons, tax, tag, title, and all dealer fees.

Quote Originally Posted by busflyer View Post
    Yes. I specially said this is the price with add ons, tax, tag, title, and all dealer fees.
    So was the 1800.00 just tacked on?
    What was the reason you decided to go with this dealer. The reason i'm asking is I have a few dealers around me but I try and stay local, this dealer did work with you albeit through the back door. I would give them one more chance unless the oreason to them was pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by TailGunner View Post
    So was the 1800.00 just tacked on?
    What was the reason you decided to go with this dealer. The reason i'm asking is I have a few dealers around me but I try and stay local, this dealer did work with you albeit through the back door. I would give them one more chance unless the oreason to them was pricing.
    Yep, the $1800 was just tacked on. The reasoning was they couldn't meet my price. My concern is not with the price they presented. It is in the presentation. I was in the process of signing all of the paperwork when I noticed the difference on the bill of sale. I was the one that had to ask. If I hadn't noticed, I would be $1800 poorer. Only when I asked, did the finance guy tell me they couldn't meet my price.

The main reason I will not go back is the further insult by not honoring the inclusion of the floorboards and installation. While this was not in the final contract, it was in the initial one and agreed on by the sales guy, parts guy and service guy AND part of all of the discussions. While I agree that this oversight was my fault for not noticing this (I was more concerned with another price problem), there is a huge difference in what is legally right and what is morally/ethically right.

Yep, the $1800 was just tacked on. The reasoning was they couldn't meet my price. My concern is not with the price they presented. It is in the presentation. I was in the process of signing all of the paperwork when I noticed the difference on the bill of sale. I was the one that had to ask. If I hadn't noticed, I would be $1800 poorer. Only when I asked, did the finance guy tell me they couldn't meet my price.

The main reason I will not go back is the further insult by not honoring the inclusion of the floorboards and installation. While this was not in the final contract, it was in the initial one and agreed on by the sales guy, parts guy and service guy AND part of all of the discussions. While I agree that this oversight was my fault for not noticing this (I was more concerned with another price problem), there is a huge difference in what is legally right and what is morally/ethically right.
    Good catch, I am really surprised that a dealer would even try that in todays competive business atmosphere

This was a Honda only dealership. To be clear, I am not upset with the price -- heck, I would not have even been upset with a true negotiation. However, that did not happen and the seeming underhandedness in the way I was treated really got my dander up. But no fear, there are at least 2 more dealerships within 25 minutes from here. They will be getting all of my business for parts and service (as well as any future bike purchases).

Blaine.
    You can always report them to Honda Corporate Offices.
    Not saying it'll happen but you might get a refund from the dealer if the transaction was not legitimate.

http://powersports.honda.com/contact.aspx

Customer Service

How do I contact Honda Motorcycle Customer Support?
    For customer or product related questions or comments you can contact Honda Motorcycle Customer Support by telephone at 866-784-1870, Monday - Friday 8:30 - 4:30 PST. Please have your Vehicle Identification Number or Hull Identification Number ready when calling. Or by mail at: Honda Motorcycle Customer Support, P.O. Box 2200, Torrance, CA 90501.