Global Warming - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Global Warming

Quote Originally Posted by Faststreak View Post
    Global warming is a political movement not science. It was found that the models used to show global warming were falsified. They keep pushing global warming to save their grants. It is tool of the left to get even more control. Just a few years ago headlines on time magazine "New Ice Age Is Immiment." They can't get snow storms right for the next day. Can you say New York. We really need to look critically at what's being cramed down our throats as so called science.
    Can you provide any evidence of your story , contradicting scientific discoveries ?

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    Can you provide any evidence of your story , contradicting scientific discoveries ?
    I posted this earlier

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/eart...ndal-ever.html

I think I will stick with NASA over some British rag
    http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

The Earth's climate has changed throughout history. Just in the last 650,000 years there have been seven cycles of glacial advance and retreat, with the abrupt end of the last ice age about 7,000 years ago marking the beginning of the modern climate era — and of human civilization. Most of these climate changes are attributed to very small variations in Earth’s orbit that change the amount of solar energy our planet receives.

Scientific evidence for warming of the climate system is unequivocal.

- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change

The current warming trend is of particular significance because most of it is very likely human-induced and proceeding at a rate that is unprecedented in the past 1,300 years.1

Earth-orbiting satellites and other technological advances have enabled scientists to see the big picture, collecting many different types of information about our planet and its climate on a global scale. Studying these climate data collected over many years reveal the signals of a changing climate.

The heat-trapping nature of carbon dioxide and other gases was demonstrated in the mid-19th century.2 Their ability to affect the transfer of infrared energy through the atmosphere is the scientific basis of many instruments flown by NASA. There is no question that increased levels of greenhouse gases must cause the Earth to warm in response.

Ice cores drawn from Greenland, Antarctica, and tropical mountain glaciers show that the Earth’s climate responds to changes in greenhouse gas levels. They also show that in the past, large changes in climate have happened very quickly, geologically-speaking: in tens of years, not in millions or even thousands.3

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Can someone edumacate me please ....

I learned in school that OIL is derived from compressed vegetation deposits from millions of years ago.
    I also learned that the Middle East used to be a Tropical paradise long ago, now mostly sand dunes.
    I also ask why do we have so much oil in Alaska? It must have been at one time a lot warmer then it is now.

Humans did NOT cause the extinction of Dinosaurs, was the climate change that they went through the reason??? I wasn't there

We are just seeing a spec on the radar regarding our climate, you have to look at it from thousands of years of data instead of just 20-50 years. It is CYCLICAL in my opinion.

This is ALL about instilling FEAR (Doom's Day is coming for Earth) and MONEY, several POLITICIANS are trying to capitalize on this by generating income without having to produce an actual product .... JUST HOT AIR !!! Reminds me of these Mega-Million Dollar Churches that preach the gospel and inject fear into their followers ... claiming that if the followers give them MONEY ... all of their fears and ailments will go away.

I'll get off my soap box ....

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

You don't need to be educated in this dilemna . But be careful , what you saying , because we can be burned on the stakes for such a heretic views .

The story was actually about someone who looked at the raw data, 60 years of it, before the numbers were manipulated, and they were manipulated. The culprits, US government’s Global Historical Climate Network (GHCN) Goddard Institute for Space Studies (Giss) and the National Climate Data Center (NCDC), which use the warming trends to estimate temperatures across the vast regions of the Earth where no measurements are taken. Where no measurements are taken, guesstimations, governments solid data. Yet these are the very records on which scientists and politicians rely for their belief in “global warming”. NASA or the government can manipulate any information on earth or in the air to satisfy whatever statistics they're looking to achieve. Its all based on if you're in control of the information going in, and they are. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change established by the United Nations, yeah that's credible. I guess global warming is like unicorns, tooth fairies and the collapse of the Twin Towers, if you believe in it, it's true. Once again George has the last word

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VNxNgfVzAvo

Someone should have told these guys

So I can believe a website like this publishes junk like this or the scientists at NASA.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddr...-cant-eat.html
    Why you should never eat a bacon sandwich

I think I will stick to the scientists over kooky right wing web sites.

I couldnt agree with you more there. Its negative 40 with the windchill here in NY. Damn cold.

Because the US government never lies to us:

USS MAINE
    Gulf of Tonkin
    Pearl Harbor
    Oklahoma City Bombing
    Waco
    JFK
    Iraq weapons of mass destruction
    Global Warming
    Civil War was fought for slavery while the Governor of Maine had 62 slaves
    Emancipation Proclamation freed the slaves etc. etc.