Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
I accept that the comparison is not a direct one, but the Indian Chieftain (starting as a 2014 model) is a F6B competitor and has all those things listed above, minus traction control.

Loaded Gold Wing is missing Bluetooth, traction control, push button start...and is priced thousands higher than this new Yamaha...but, it is an outdated machine. Still a great machine, but long in the tooth.

Beyond the above...

Some folks are awfully sensitive about their motorcycles, a manufactured product for profit made by the thousands in a factory...can't say anything critical about them. Any product has strengths and weaknesses, both are part of the honest conversation on forums like this, in my opinion.
That's just it. You're not being honest in your comparison. I point out that you shouldn't be comparing the F6B to the new Yamaha, but rather the loaded Gold Wing. Then you bring up the Indian Cheiftain.

You say the Loaded Gold Wing is thousands higher and sure sticker price for the loaded version with ABS and all the goodies from Honda is 29k compared to 27k for the loaded Yamaha. So there is a 2k difference in sticker price. I wonder which would have a better dicker price?

Then to top it off, since you brought up price, I paid 15k for my brand new F6B in 2014. I guess I knew it didn't have some features found in the Loaded Gold Wing and other bikes. Perhaps that was one of the reasons a $20k srp bike sold for 15k.

Like I said, that new Yamaha looks cool with some cool updated tech on board, but comparing a 2018 flagship touring bike to our F6Bs , just isn't the righteous comparison. That's my opinion.