Public Reactions to Your F6B - Page 6
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Public Reactions to Your F6B

Quote Originally Posted by Doug44 View Post
    My attitude (and I admit it' a little harsh) has been shaped from mostly a brand loyal group. This brand rider knows only one shield (there is a clue there) and unless you ride his brand, wear his brand of clothes, etc your's is inferior and a rice burner. It just really gets old I have always been interested in all brands and all class of motorcycles. I would like to clear the air, yes I do like to have someone ask me about my bike but in the way that shows & gives respect and I will always do the same.
    Amen!
    I've had a bunch of that attitude thrown my way too. If HD had the balls to make a powerplant as awesome as the flat-6 I would be riding one of their products today.
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

I am not one to klick another man's anything.... but I was in Daytona yesterday and saw three H.D.'s being picked up by a wrecker..... I have a 03 Ultra in my garage with over 50K and it has never let me down...now if Honda can match the paint quality !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I went up to Daytona over the weekend from Friday through Sunday. I road with a mixed group of bikes but most were HD's. I hands down got the most attention and had tons of questions asked by folks. One guy said he thought the bike was way cool and had never seen one like it. Asked me what it was and I said "It's a Goldwing F6B" he looked shocked as he said, "That's a Wing?" and I laughed. Since pulling the emblems of front and back and replacing with the Hambly badges, I get that allot. (BTW, where is Hambly?).

Had another older biker walk up and look it over carefully and he says to me that my bike was way too cool. Had folks taking pictures and some even posing with it and I didn't get a single bad or off comment all weekend.

I've owned 5 HD's and a couple of sport bikes. None has been as comfortable or fun as the F6B

3 days in Daytona and I have seen 4 Bs. Anybody here the guy on I-95 going south Sunday afternoon? Pretty girl on the back of a black standard that ran up on the wreck in the left lane?
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    The only comment I hate- "Is it running?"

But I get over it after I'm in the wind.
    Had an older fella tell me in a parking lot that it was so quiet he thought it was an electric bike.
    Understandable.
    And I'm fine with that after spending the last 11 years with a VTX1300 exhausting through Cobra pipes.
    It's all good.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

I get lots of comments and stares on the road and in parking lots.

- What is that?
    - Is that a Goldwing?
    - Nice bike!
    - That's the only Goldwing I would ride.
    - So you're the guy (from someone at work wondering who was riding the only F6B in the parking lot - he was a GL 1800 rider - it's a big parking lot)

And my favorite from a couple who came all the way across a parking lot to let me know they didn't like it...

..."it looks like a car"

I just heard a new one over the weekend.
    While on a ferry crossing a river. An older Grandma type rolled her window down in her car and asked me "Is your Bike a three seater?"
    I said I guess, I told her "I just like Fat Girls."
    She got a laugh out of it.
    She said it looks like it needs some wings so it could fly.

Ah crap... I was just going to say we won't have a true representation of opinions because those who don't like it will not say anything

I was at a stop light listening to my radio and the guy in car next to me had his window down talking to his passenger and said nice bike not knowing I heard what he had said. I said thanks and he gave me a thumbs up.
    '73 Honda XL250
    '02 Honda 1800 VTX C
    '14 Honda F6B Deluxe

One dumbass said, "It's not a Harley." I said,, "No kidding, it's for actual riding, not washing daily and carrying it on a trailer to events."