Duluth Fire Hose Pants - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Duluth Fire Hose Pants

About 40K miles on a pair, had to buy another

Agreed. One of the best pair of jeans for riding I've ever owned as well.

Here's my old pair vs new pair after 40K miles. The heavily faded and ribbed pair on the right looked like the brand new pair on the left 3 yrs ago. LOL. From Los Angeles to Banff, from Vancouver to Sedona AND everywhere west of Denver, these pants never failed. Though did use a lighter weight (non-Duluth) pant going thru the desert. Believe I'll be adding their very light fabric pant for the desert and hot day rides this summer.

btw, none of the fading is from machine drying. I've always hung these to dry.

I intend to buy me a pair once I finish loosing my weight. Went from a size 48 to 42 and hope to get to a 38. Got short legs, 29" inseam. I like a 30" if I'm riding to help with the creep up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

I'll be the odd one here. I hated the firehose pants, didn't fit right at all. The buck-naked underwear, long tail tees and Henly's rock though. I've been wearing the tees for many years and have never had any complaints. The boxers take a little to get use to otherwise are great and the Henly's are worth every penny.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    I haven't bought their pants because the inseam only goes to 34. I have this thing about pants riding up and showing too much boot, or getting windflow up the leg. I wear Justins everyday, and my jeans are 36 inseam.
    36" inseam here, and the 34" inseam fit nicely. And, I ride in Keen hiking sandals and the end of the pant comes down over my heal. I also have a few pair of Tommy Bahama linen slacks for work, they're also 34" seam, and they're long on me. Some manufactures inseams run long.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    We do product reviews on all things motorcycle.... I have not, or don't remember anything on pants.... I ordered a pair of the Duluth Fire Hose Pants and must say they are the most comfortable pant I have ever worn.... the quality is first rate with no grabbing or riding up. They are also true to size, I have a black pair and according to their web site I will never wear they out !!!! I highly recommend these, they also come lined for the folks up North..... These may be a little warm here in the south during the summer... but if you go down, these are the best non motorcycle pants to go on wearing!

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/m...140106041032:s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...IoQc9kUB2s#t=2
    I wear their ball room pant.love them

I bought two pair originally and after three years they began to fade. I bought the black dye and re-dyed them. They are new again, albeit softer.
    Just a thought, it was pretty easy and I also dyed a pair of my wife's favorite jeans at the same time...no big deal!

Wal-Mart $2
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I have had two pair for a long time

I think they are the best motorcycling pants I have ever had and they are very comfortable but the thing most don't know is that if unfortunately you have to lay your bike down the Duluth trading jeans will not rip apart like regular jeans. Duluth already has had motorcyclist slide on asphalt with no road rash and nothing tore up on the jeans. Ready for another ride. these things are tough and worth every cent you pay for them. I always buy them 2 inches longer than I need figuring on being in the seated position and one more thing they take the sting out of those large insects hitting your legs.

I'm losing my mind...just bought two pair of these now. Yup, I'm done spending money on this bike...again.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I'm losing my mind...just bought two pair of these now. Yup, I'm done spending money on this bike...again.
    No you are not. None of us are

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

pants came in today...will try a pair tonight on my ride. Seem rugged but lightweight.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.