Tired of "belonging" - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tired of "belonging"

GaTeach
    BTW, thanks for the thread. I've had a struggle with this lately as well. Lots of good nuggets of advice here.

Thanks y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    "Are any of them Harley riders?"
    "No. Most of my buddies enjoy riding motorcycles."

Best line I've heard all day. (and you can believe I've heard some lines today.)
    One of the benefits of being a teacher. Free entertainment. (Anybody who works in the public school system has my respect-----and condolences at the same time)
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I ride alone or with my S/O alot....have 2 buddies I ride with almost every Sunday....we bring wives or S/O along if they want to go...if not we just ride a few hundred mles and call it a day....stop for lunch and a beer and on the rode again....best thing...no one cares who leads or where we go...just friends out for a ride..!

fastest

I'm with Kipling. ..."Down to Gehenna or up to the Throne, He travels the fastest who travels alone".
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

Bridgestone Potenza RFT 195/55-R16
    BT45R 130/70-18

Over the years I have ridden with different clubs, and or groups with common interest. I found that the key was not to get rapped up in the "BS" of the politics or who is quarreling with who. I call up and say who wants to ride...you show up or don't, the kick stand goes up at a certain time and unless you called to say running late be there in a sec, I'm out...I had a royal star venture before my F6B. Yamaha had the "Star Club" not an official group (per say) but if you went somewhere and saw the patch, you'd say hi and smile knowing....just like this group...eventually I will run into one of you(and I will be looking at all F6Bs. lol) just to wave or nod and smile. so if you see me going by or stopped, feel free to say hello.

The Kokomo American Legion Riders hosted riding events to raise $3,000 to donate to building housing to accommodate 200 homeless veterans. Group riding with a porpoise and image enhancement of motorcycle riders. Group riding is not everyone's cup of tea. The common denominator with Legion Riders is members are vets and their sons and daughters. Group riding tends to raise the bar of situational awareness and risk management.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Truly Blessed

Attachment 19368

I am sincerely grateful to my parents because I have been riding with my younger brothers for forty years. This photo was taken yesterday and I think Bud's jacket says it all.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    The Kokomo American Legion Riders hosted riding events to raise $3,000 to donate to building housing to accommodate 200 homeless veterans. Group riding with a porpoise and image enhancement of motorcycle riders. Group riding is not everyone's cup of tea. The common denominator with Legion Riders is members are vets and their sons and daughters. Group riding tends to raise the bar of situational awareness and risk management.
    I ride a lot with the three ALR groups that are closest to me. They are amazing, but in my opinion, it's because of their directors. All three of these groups do amazing things for veterans.

I have ridden with and belong to the same club since 1977 and we still have a good time together, we are one of the oldest club
    out there Tulsa Big Wheels M/C.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Just have had it tonight. Enough. Tired of being in a club where the expectations don't materialize. VFW, American Legion, etc... organizations that I have joined and see the true designs of the local "brethren" of the posts that I belong to.

Almost "effed" someone up tonight but my inner being told me to walk away. I did just that. It was hard and but I did it. I will not be "chit" upon... I'm not going to go into details of what happened... but I am actually amazed that I had tolerated what occurred tonight. Maybe old age and sanity are finally kicking in.

I don't display "colors" and have never really went for that. But recently I decided to wear a patch of a local veteran's rider's organization and now I am going to rip it off. It just isn't working for me.

I'm "Lone Wolf'ing" it again. It's the best solace that I can find, and am seemingly comfortable with. Enjoyed the last F6B rally in Franklin N.C and will attend this year's Russelville's Rally. Everyone is unique and contributes. Without an ulterior agenda...

Tell me about your memberships in local motorcycle organizations. The one that I just exorcised myself from tonight; is more interested in fund raising; than riding.

Was it a motorcycle club or a riding group or other organization?

Motorcycle clubs are very different than other groups.