Putting it on a trailer

Thread: Putting it on a trailer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    When I trailered mine I used soft loops on all four crash bars. The front ones pulling the bike forward into the chock and compressing the suspension maybe 2 inches and the back ones just basically holding the rear in place. Worked great. I used to trailer my Valkyrie Interstate the same way, never any issues at all.

shooter
    Dave that's how I trailer mine. I've probably towed mine 5 or 6 thousand miles. The secret is to have a good chock and pull the suspension down 1/2 its travel and then just snug the rear. Use safety hooks on the tie downs cause the bike will flex a little if you hit a big dip. Never have a problem this way. The reason people break the crash bars is because they cinch the straps down too hard.

I would much rather take off the two side panels and attach the soft tie to the frame of the bike, not the saddle bag guards. Talk to any Honda dealer or service center and they will warn you not to use the guards. Just my two cents...... Your bike, do what you want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    I would much rather take off the two side panels and attach the soft tie to the frame of the bike, not the saddle bag guards. Talk to any Honda dealer or service center and they will warn you not to use the guards. Just my two cents...... Your bike, do what you want.

Not any dealer.

That's how my first Valkyrie was delivered to my house in the middle of the winter by the Honda Dealer

shooter
    Yeah Valk. That's the secret. I have a Baxley. When I ride the B in it at that point I can step off. I'm not sure it would fall if you pulled down the road. It doesn't take much to hold it once its in there.

Putting it on a trailer

I also use the soft ties around the triple trees with a front wheel chock. I then use a single strap in the rear wrapped around the rear wheel then pulled out and back to D-rings and clinched down hard. If you attach to the rear wheel this way it allows the bike to move on its suspension as you travel.

It works well and you aren't near any body panels

Good Luck

Haven't had to put my F6B on a trailer as of yet, but when I had the Harley I would strap from the triple tree and rear tire. Always was comfortable with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    When I trailered mine I used soft loops on all four crash bars. The front ones pulling the bike forward into the chock and compressing the suspension maybe 2 inches and the back ones just basically holding the rear in place. Worked great. I used to trailer my Valkyrie Interstate the same way, never any issues at all.

http://www.leatherup.com/imagesproc/...H355_MW400.jpg

I use this and tie off from the crash guards to the floor of the toy hauler. Very stable and easy to do.