Winter "tinkering"

Thread: Winter "tinkering"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    To me winter riding is using a motorcycle in winter conditions, as in riding on snow and ice.

I have seen Can-Ams and Urals driven in the winter, or dirt bikes with studded tires.

I wouldn't call that video winter riding. I'd call it cool weather riding.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    As much as I love my garage and spend a good bit of time there it is not yet insulated or have hvac....I'm hoping to tackle that next year. I just bundle up....it's a labor of love....

It's RIDING IN THE WINTER

shooter
    If Steve says anything about the Florida weather I'm gonna scratch his chrome. After reading the other posts I'm almost ashamed to say I own an auto service shop that is 50 ft from my house. I have a waste oil furnace so heat is not an issue. I splurged last year and bought myself a nice bike lift. So far this winter I have installed an RC Components Assault chrome front wheel with a Metz 888 and a stock chrome rear wheel with a Michelin Primacy Alpin. My Vance and Hines pipes arrived Friday so I will try to install those this week. Heck I even got to ride Saturday and Sunday. Who needs Florida. Take that Steve !!

I have no heat in my garage nor room with my wife's bike and the return of an adult child so to stay connected I like to go out once a week and sit on mine naked. I don't even need to start it I just sit there till I get cold then get dressed and go inside.
    When a Man Lies He Murders
    Some Part of the World
    These Are the Pale Deaths Which
    Men Miscall Their Lives
    All this I Cannot Bear
    to Witness Any Longer......

Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker View Post
    I have no heat in my garage nor room with my wife's bike and the return of an adult child so to stay connected I like to go out once a week and sit on mine naked. I don't even need to start it I just sit there till I get cold then get dressed and go inside.
    We need pictures of this!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    We need pictures of this!!!!
    NO! We do not. Period. End of discussion. FINEX. EndEx. Done. Toast. Got it?!?!??
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Ha , ha , ha , ha , ha , ha , ha ....