Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
Holding company or not, GSachs, which is publicly held stock acquired K&N, not from the original private founders but from another investment group and, like any other investment when you put capital into that stock, you indirectly invest in all of its' holdings. Again, when Honda even acknowledges the test your questionnaire will gain any credibility. Right now you are fighting a losing battle, with yourself, convincing no one that the test you post is even remotely valid. Now instead of hard evidence you have gone to pictures, pictures are not evidence they NEED evidence to validate them, to back them up, what's next, finger painting.
Wow, I hope you didn't take my comments personally. That wasn't my intent. I've enjoyed several of your posts, and was impressed by how you handled the aftermath of your accident, especially the legal hurdles. That struck a chord because 5 years ago, after 600,000+ miles of safe riding, I had an accident. Thankfully my insurance company was great, so I didn't have to battle with them, but there were other challenges I never imagined.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I'm a former user of washable, oiled air filters, including K&N. I believed they were great, but became concerned after hearing complaints about their filtering effectiveness. So I did a lot of research and ended up changing my opinion based on the new (to me) information.

These are amazing engines that can last for hundreds of thousands of miles with minimal maintenance. The filters you choose probably make little difference as few of us will ever wear a GL engine out. In fact, the same logic may apply to oil. I recently read a study by Blackstone Labs that reviewed over 10,000 oil analyses and concluded that the brand of oil makes no measurable difference. For decades I've used Mobil 1 and always recommended it to others. But I'm now considering trying a less expensive brand. The problem these days is finding the stuff. The shelves are half empty at my nearby Walmart.