Anybody live in the Buffalo/Niagara Falls, NY area?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody live in the Buffalo/Niagara Falls, NY area?

Anybody live in the Buffalo/Niagara Falls, NY area?

I live in Ontario, Canada. I have ordered a trailer hitch, wiring, cover, helmet, and brakeaway throttle control and it's all waiting for me at a postal service in Niagara Falls, NY.
    I am wanting to drive my bike down there, stay for 24 hours while I install these accessories and then return. What I was wanting was to stay one night with a forum member to accomplish this. It would be a nice way to meet a fellow forum member and save me some duty, tax and hotel room.
    I wouldn't normally ask for such a favor except that I would certainly return the favor if someone wanted to stay here at my place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Exploring the world, one road at a time.

Why don't you want to help support your country? After all it is so much better with no guns and all.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Why don't you want to help support your country? After all it is so much better with no guns and all.....

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I am guessing that you must know each other cause if not I would take offense to that. Wasn't called for in my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Quote Originally Posted by ISLANDER1089 View Post
    I live in Ontario, Canada. I have ordered a trailer hitch, wiring, cover, helmet, and brakeaway throttle control and it's all waiting for me at a postal service in Niagara Falls, NY.
    I am wanting to drive my bike down there, stay for 24 hours while I install these accessories and then return. What I was wanting was to stay one night with a forum member to accomplish this. It would be a nice way to meet a fellow forum member and save me some duty, tax and hotel room.
    I wouldn't normally ask for such a favor except that I would certainly return the favor if someone wanted to stay here at my place.
    Not to change the thread but my wife and I just returned last week after spending a week on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. Had a fantastic time. Saw the falls from both sides. Just wish we would have ridden the bike instead of driving the car cause the drive up and back was beautiful!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    I am guessing that you must know each other cause if not I would take offense to that. Wasn't called for in my opinion.
    What can I say, we are not friends and thank you Stepbill for your support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Exploring the world, one road at a time.

you know something about the OP that we don't? I live in a state run by azzholes, and a country run by fools- I'd take offense if someone assumed I agreed with these numbnuts simply because I live here. Re: taxes, it is perfectly legal to avoid taxes (at least here in America...evasion is illegal. Islander seems to be avoiding...not evading.

I send packages all over the world.... it just seems funny to me that some folks want to avoid,evade, side step...any term you would like to use to not pay their countries vat taxes ...and in the same breath kick the USA for not being like their country. A lot of folks from Canada have P.O.Boxes here in this country to accomplish this... I have been asked to mark a item used, or rebuilt for some to avoid vat in the UK.

Now if you want to climb on and starting kicking at least wear spurs.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    you know something about the OP that we don't? I live in a state run by azzholes, and a country run by fools- I'd take offense if someone assumed I agreed with these numbnuts simply because I live here. Re: taxes, it is perfectly legal to avoid taxes (at least here in America...evasion is illegal. Islander seems to be avoiding...not evading.

I think they call that "tax evasion" and unless you are Al Sharpton, you go to jail....

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post

A little confused here...now you wore our countries uniform long enough to retire, but not long enough to be proud of it? Just a question, no accusation , just a thought...and you are right it was not called for...just taking up for Canada!