Just saying hi
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just saying hi

Just saying hi

I just joined the F6B Riders. I currently ride a 2012 Goldwing, but worked on my first F6B yesterday and it got me thinking about this forum. The more I look at the F6B, the more I like it.

Welcome. Chop off the trunk, instant F6B.

You could do what I did and convert your Wing to a F6B.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome!!! and now that you are here...I would like to pick your brain on... http://zddplus.com/ I did order/have four bottles and will be adding it on my next oil change.... any thoughts ???
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

from NJ
    Ride it like you stole it

Steve, I would be very careful in adding any "snake oils" or additives to your oil of choice...Probably will do no harm, but most car and motorcycle mags claim these "additives" are a waste of money and do no good over the long haul with regular oil changes...The vast majority of oil manufactures add their own wear and tear, friction reducers, anti-foaming, etc. ingredients and nothing else is really needed...I used to use STP on a regular basis until I read several test reports from various sources that most of this stuff is not worth the money, but good marketing has convinced many that it is for the good of the motor, which is most cases is un-founded data...JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Steve, I would be very careful in adding any "snake oils" or additives to your oil of choice...Probably will do no harm, but most car and motorcycle mags claim these "additives" are a waste of money and do no good over the long haul with regular oil changes...The vast majority of oil manufactures add their own wear and tear, friction reducers, anti-foaming, etc. ingredients and nothing else is really needed...I used to use STP on a regular basis until I read several test reports from various sources that most of this stuff is not worth the money, but good marketing has convinced many that it is for the good of the motor, which is most cases is un-founded data...JMHO
    I happen to share that exact same opinion...

Oh...and Welcome Cruiseman...to the greatest forum on the Internet. Many thanks to Phantom for all that you do, and to Steve & HB, our moderators.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiseman View Post
    I just joined the F6B Riders. I currently ride a 2012 Goldwing, but worked on my first F6B yesterday and it got me thinking about this forum. The more I look at the F6B, the more I like it.
    When you reach the age where long distance touring becomes difficult the F6B is a great choice.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

another newby

Just joined the F6B forum. I've riden wings for several years, said I would never change. That was till I rode the F6. Much easier on an old guy. I will miss a few of the bells & whistles. This bike is a joy to ride. It's 2 days old and I'm chompin at the bits for the bad weather to move out, so I can put a few miles on. This is a great place for info about the F6.

Needtobriden

Quote Originally Posted by Arkf6bRider View Post
    Just joined the F6B forum. I've riden wings for several years, said I would never change. That was till I rode the F6. Much easier on an old guy. I will miss a few of the bells & whistles. This bike is a joy to ride. It's 2 days old and I'm chompin at the bits for the bad weather to move out, so I can put a few miles on. This is a great place for info about the F6.

Needtobriden
    Welcome from NC..
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.