2016 F6B Annual Rally ... It's officially in the books! - Page 40
Page 40 of 58 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 F6B Annual Rally ... It's officially in the books!

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Will , its "them thar". Rosetta Stone buddy.
    Thanks shooter. Damned it's hard to talk that thar southern dialect

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

it should be intresting...donde esta them thar Long Island Ice teas...is that close

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    ... In Arkansas we have people like my wife who likes tea without sugar, so you have to specify which you want. I keep telling her, she could use some sweetener....
    ...And that's when the fight started.

"1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
    ...And that's when the fight started.

Absolutely!!

But that is one of the few times being mostly deaf really helps!!
    Retired and riding the Ozarks - Arkansas Ridgerunner

Red - 2014 Goldwing
    Pirellie SnowControl Serie 3 Runflat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Pirelli Centurato P1 RunFlat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Full Traxxion
    Darkside #623 - 221,000 Darkside Miles and Counting
    IBA # 42128

shooter
    Dang it!!! I seen that Monk had posted and thought mayyybee it was the adoption announcement

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Dang it!!! I seen that Monk had posted and thought mayyybee it was the adoption announcement

It's in the mail
    Retired and riding the Ozarks - Arkansas Ridgerunner

Red - 2014 Goldwing
    Pirellie SnowControl Serie 3 Runflat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Pirelli Centurato P1 RunFlat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Full Traxxion
    Darkside #623 - 221,000 Darkside Miles and Counting
    IBA # 42128

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerman View Post
    Hello All,

Still a gut call regarding the weather but I just booked a ferry off the rock up here in the north east, hotels on that end for the get together in Russellville and a flight for the missus to get back home as she will burn up her two weeks vaca getting there and having a drink with you folk.

I could still cancel this if I get a bad feel for the fall weather situation but it will take snow in September (that is not all that far out a concept in this neck of the woods) now for me to start backing out. Pretty sure I could find my way back up North in September/October by dodging around the bad stuff.....time will tell.

Here's hoping for a reasonable fall weather wise.

I will likely need a set of tires before this trip is done.....I guess I could get them in Russellville if I called ahead?

Don't really want to switch them out before the trip as there is still some life in them although that would keep things simple.

tink
    What part of the rock are you coming from? I'm in Oromocto,NB and you may pass by my area if so let me know and if there is time we can have a java. I just got back from Tennessee and the ride was nice. I'm not able to make the rally this year. What is your route down/ I may be able to save you some headaches. I'm also a Newf originally from Port aux Basques. Safe riding.
    Lloyd

Ozark bike week

I'm coming from st. Louis, mo leaving the Thursday prior and heading to the ozarks for the lake of the ozarks bike week through Monday/Tuesday , then headed to this rally is anyone from my neck of the woods doing anything similar? http://www.lakebikefest.com

I live at the lake of the ozarks. Got to work nights but might be able to meet

Quote Originally Posted by lloydmoore1 View Post
    What part of the rock are you coming from? I'm in Oromocto,NB and you may pass by my area if so let me know and if there is time we can have a java. I just got back from Tennessee and the ride was nice. I'm not able to make the rally this year. What is your route down/ I may be able to save you some headaches. I'm also a Newf originally from Port aux Basques. Safe riding.
    Lloyd
    Hey Lloydmoore,

North East coast between Grand Falls and Gander.

Planning on crossing the border at St Stephens/Calais. That would keep me a little south of Oromocto I think. More generally the plan is to head down the east coast, swing west somewhere around Boston and then south again somewhere around Indianapolis. Although I generally do up a road plan for these trips I am keeping this trip more open ended as I am willing to stop or speed up, or swing east or west as required to stay in better weather.

A cool fall outlook could cancel the whole trip as I don't like the idea of beating back up into the NE wiping frost of the bike in the morning. Having done it when I had to I tend to steer clear of it now that I don't have to if you know what I mean. If we have to give up on this trip we have some alternates in mind.

However any insight you might have from your TN trip would be appreciated. I worked a short stint in Louisville KN a few years back so did a little bit of beating around, KN, TN. There is one highway between Louisville and Nashville (may have been some part of 65) that I used that I remember as a road bumper to bumper with transport trucks. I would love not to get caught on that.....it was painful enough in an SUV.....I am pretty sure it would be a constant ass pucker on bike.

If I happen to head by Oromocto I will give you a heads up and thanks for reaching out.

tink