engine hesitation stall - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: engine hesitation stall

Quote Originally Posted by 4DI2D View Post
    This is the first EFI engine I have encountered with a high idle start. I just let it run 'till it's off the high idle and have not experienced the hesitation/stall effect.
    I do the same thing and have never had any hesitation problem.I also live up at 5000ft elevation.Wonder if they run rich at nearer to sea level when cold?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Wing forums have noted the issue,, Several different theories. Seem like warming the bike to the C line is (almost) a 'universal fix'

Some object to having to do so as they don't have to do it in their car. I understand. I can also adapt.

Some hit the button and then 'gear up',,, Might be all it takes to avoid the issue.

Some have said the NGK plugs help over the Denso's. Hard to 'prove' anything. (I like Iridiums )

I have hesitation with a cold engine on the '13 F6B and I had it on my '12 GL1800 Wing. Letting the engine warm up helps, but it does not completely eliminate the issue. I think Honda knows about it but, for some reason chooses to ignore it. I just ride the cold engine like I did with my old carb equiped Harley's. I keep my hand on the clutch to catch the hesitation before it causes loss of control. A quick burp of the throttle and releasing the clutch keeps me from loosing power and control. I agree a fuel injected engine should not act this way. It does and I know from experience how to deal with it. A simple re-mapping of the ECM would fix the problem if the engineers at Honda would simply spend a little time to program it. I really do not understand why they have gone through two model years without providing a remedy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes, I have the hesitation with a cold engine. No issues when I let it warm up. I'm not worried about it.

hmmmm never experienced it -- did notice the high idle tho -- I also just thumb the starter and go

Quote Originally Posted by xzvs View Post
    hmmmm never experienced it -- did notice the high idle tho -- I also just thumb the starter and go
    What RPM is your high idle at on cold start? Maybe mine isn't doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    What RPM is your high idle at on cold start? Maybe mine isn't doing that.
    Mine is 1000rpm at start then drops to around 750.

Ok, mine is at like 1250 til it warms up then it's at 750.

Let's see . . .cold start, dump clutch, score cylinders, premature lifter wear etc.,

Give it a minute to warm up and circulate the lubricant of your choice. Mobil1 isn't PERFECT!!

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    FWIW, there are no lifters in a F6B,,,