Smart Mount Backrest AAA+++

Thread: Smart Mount Backrest AAA+++

Smart Mount Backrest AAA+++

Have been wanting to add the Smart Mount Backrest to my bike since day one, but after I read a few posts of how some riders felt pushed up with it, I've been waiting until I could try one out on someone who already had one, so I could first see how it fit me.

Well, never did try one out first, so instead I bought the Seat and Backrest combo deal BobR had here on the forum, as it was a good deal and a great way to test it out....BobR btw, is a great guy....he personally drove it down to meet me halfway to make the deal....Thanks again Bob!

So without having to cut my seat etc...I just removed it and replaced it with the one from Bob, with backrest already mounted on it.

I am 6' 3" 280 lbs with 34 inseam, and a fairly long reach.

The Smart mount backrest is by far...The Best Mod I have done to the bike...Period! Wish I had put this on the day I bought the bike.

Just came back from a 40mi test ride and it was the most comfortable ride I've had on this bike.

For myself anyway, the backrest did not have that pushed forward feeling at all, and I ride pretty laid back... arms stretched out feet up on forward pegs.

Keith

Great news... do you have the link ?
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Is the receiver for the backrest shaft mounted in the seat or to the frame on the bike?

Quote Originally Posted by xcrider View Post
    Is the receiver for the backrest shaft mounted in the seat or to the frame on the bike?
    The plate is mounted to the bottom of the seat and the bar which is a part of it goes up and thru the seat, which the backrest is mounted to. Seems very secure. A quick Google search for "Smart Mount Backrest" shows plenty of images.

Another way to look at it is...If I remove the seat...the backrest is now a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdarmy View Post
    Oops, my wording may have been confusing...

The seat I bought from Bob was an OEM original seat off of another F6B, which already had a Smart Mount Backrest installed on it.

So without cutting into my own seat to install the backrest, I just replaced the entire seat with another seat with a backrest already installed on it and will keep my uncut OEM seat as a backup if ever needed.
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kdarmy View Post
    The plate is mounted to the bottom of the seat and the bar which is a part of it goes up and thru the seat, which the backrest is mounted to. Seems very secure. A quick Google search for "Smart Mount Backrest" shows plenty of images.

Another way to look at it is...If I remove the seat...the backrest is now a part of it.
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Thanks Keith, glad it worked out for you. It was a pleasure meeting you. Here is a picture of it on Keith's bike.Attachment 17242

Keith, like I told you, I am 6'2", 32" inseam and I had to space the Smartmount backrest 3/4" forward as it was too far rearward for me. I also had to lower it by one notch as it was a little too high, but now perfect. And you're correct, best mod I've done to the bike.