Torq Master Exhaust - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Torq Master Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by MercuryF1 View Post
    Since jimmy doesn't ship to California, I made an enquiry through WIngstuff. This was their response:

"Hello Simon,

I got hold of Torq Master and asked you question of them. The Inverted King Snakes are available in Black Nickle, but are a special order item and will take at least three weeks to manufacture before they can be shipped. Price of the mufflers are $899.

If you have an interest, please give me a call at the number below."

$899?

You should check to see if that price has the core charges in it for the shields.If it does you get back around $200-$300(can't remember the core charges) after you ship your chrome ones back to Jimmy.

core charge for shields

That price $899, is not with the core charge. My price was over $1K ($1099 I believe) with the core charge being returned after my shields were inspected by Jimmy and found to be acceptable.

Jimmy was to call me about the black pipes and the re-coating progress. Either I missed his call or he forgot. I'll call him this morning (west coast time, this afternoon EST) to see if I can get an Idea when I can expect these pipes.

Chrome King Snakes retails for $474.00. Black Chrome King Snakes retails for $899.00
    Doing the maths, the process of black chroming a pair of pipes must therefore cost $425.00!

Chrome Daytonas retails for $474.00. Black Chrome Daytonas retails for $664.00
    Black chroming Daytonas cost $190.00

As for as I can see, the difference between the Torq Master King Snakes and the Daytonas, are just the way the tips are cut!

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MercuryF1 View Post
    Chrome King Snakes retails for $474.00. Black Chrome King Snakes retails for $899.00
    Doing the maths, the process of black chroming a pair of pipes must therefore cost $425.00!

Chrome Daytonas retails for $474.00. Black Chrome Daytonas retails for $664.00
    Black chroming Daytonas cost $190.00

As for as I can see, the difference between the Torq Master King Snakes and the Daytonas, are just the way the tips are cut!
    That price has to be due to a different manufacturing process maybe due to California emissions? Black chrome pipes are $699 and then a refundable core of $260 for front shields done in black chrome. My card was charged $959 for black chrome Daytona's.

TorqMaster Different prices?

Well now, That's discouraging... My card was charged $1099.00 on 6/5. I went direct to Jimmy at TorqMaster for the Black Daytona pipes that I'm still waiting for.
    Hmmm.

Are you going through wingstuff? maybe they get a discount?

The torqmaster web page says chrome daytona's retail for $499. Not $474. That's not a big difference but If I could have gotten charged less for the pipes I haven't received I would feel a little better. You can probably tell I'm getting more disapointed by the minute...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    That price $899, is not with the core charge. My price was over $1K ($1099 I believe) with the core charge being returned after my shields were inspected by Jimmy and found to be acceptable.

Jimmy was to call me about the black pipes and the re-coating progress. Either I missed his call or he forgot. I'll call him this morning (west coast time, this afternoon EST) to see if I can get an Idea when I can expect these pipes.

I ordered black chrome Daytona's and I did not pay over a grand thats for sure

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    That price has to be due to a different manufacturing process maybe due to California emissions? Black chrome pipes are $699 and then a refundable core of $260 for front shields done in black chrome. My card was charged $959 for black chrome Daytona's.

thats around what I paid.

The torqmaster web page says chrome daytona's retail for $499. Not $474.
    Wingstuff members price for chrome Daytonas are $474.05

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Well now, That's discouraging... My card was charged $1099.00 on 6/5. I went direct to Jimmy at TorqMaster for the Black Daytona pipes that I'm still waiting for.
    Hmmm.

The torqmaster web page says chrome daytona's retail for $499. Not $474. That's not a big difference but If I could have gotten charged less for the pipes I haven't received I would feel a little better. You can probably tell I'm getting more disapointed by the minute...
    Perhaps the difference was in the shipping? Wingstuff has free shipping, Jimmy does not.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    Perhaps the difference was in the shipping? Wingstuff has free shipping, Jimmy does not.
    Wingstuff $474.05 including shipping
    jimmy $499.00 excluding shipping