New HD's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New HD's

New HD's

For those that care: https://www.facebook.com/SouthernThunderHD

Water buffalo features, fairing vent, new braking design, whatever. I coulda' had a V-8, or a Goldwing/F6B.

Don't fret, I paid my HD ownership dues several times over.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Pretty big move for HD!!!!!
    New fairings,,, Water on the CVO's,,,
    Will know more tmrw.

Wet head CARB info: http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/...802_0d7_hn.pdf

Dry head CARB info:
    http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/...802_0d7_hn.pdf
    http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/...802_0d8_hn.pdf

Wet's got lower emissions. Hope there's enough fuel to keep it truckin'. But at least you can yell at the communications and sound system and it'll do something (voice control feature plus touchscreen controls). Can a heads-up display on command be far away?

Nicely done, I will have to go take a demo ride. The cooling issue was a big problem, hope this cures it.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I think they did well, especially considering HD doesn't make big changes,, ever...

Electronic farkles, linked brakes, steering head changes, bigger fork tubes, new fairings, front fenders, bigger bags with new opening system, nice rims, and a few water-cooled models (just to get eveyone 'used' to it.)

Hot air from the rads is ducted and exits out an opening on the outboard side of the hard lowers. Semi-sorta-same as a wing, in a way,,,

Kinda perking my interest regarding what's next for the 2015 RoadGlide

Got off work early so I'm checking out the new models. Did you see the new fender on the Fat Bob? Reminded me of something, right away! I love the new Sand Cammo Denim color though. I'd love to paint my F6B that color.

Screen Shot 2013-08-19 at 2.18.27 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-08-19 at 2.17.32 PM.jpg

Notice even the wet heads have still have the plastic heat defectors under the rear of the fuel tank behind the cylinder. They are still hot in that area. The other source is the CAT in the joined headers before the rear pipes split to either side. No cover on the inside of the CAT towards the frame. Heat just pours off of it helped by air flow from the front.

That and a pressed 3-piece crank that goes out of round easily, a compensator sprocket that wears quickly from lack of primary lube, and no power without after purchase $$$$. I tried to like them and make them run with the big dogs, but finally gave up.

They'll simply need to redesign the engine and frame to compete with Indian and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike44 View Post
    Notice even the wet heads have still have the plastic heat defectors under the rear of the fuel tank behind the cylinder. They are still hot in that area. The other source is the CAT in the joined headers before the rear pipes split to either side. No cover on the inside of the CAT towards the frame. Heat just pours off of it helped by air flow from the front.

That and a pressed 3-piece crank that goes out of round easily, a compensator sprocket that wears quickly from lack of primary lube, and no power without after purchase $$$$. I tried to like them and make them run with the big dogs, but finally gave up.

They'll simply need to redesign the engine and frame to compete with Indian and others.
    My crank went out of round, or "spun" as they called it, at 35k. Had to rebuild the bottom end. Before I traded it in at 59k it felt like it was gonna do it again. (heavier than usual engine vibration)

Here's a quote from their new campaign:

These new motorcycles will turn your garage into a scenic overlook
    They hold their value as long as they stay in the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike44 View Post
    For those that care: https://www.facebook.com/SouthernThunderHD

Water buffalo features
    Funny using that moniker. That's what we called the old Suzuki 750 L/C's

1975-suzuki-gt750-1.jpg

They need linked brakes. Too many harley riders just mash that big ol brake pedal and never even squeeze the lever.