Cobra Tri Oval

Thread: Cobra Tri Oval

Cobra Tri Oval

Anyone here try the Tri Ovals on a f6b Wing? I had a 2 into one Tri Oval on my Victory Judge ,it sounded just about perfect with a deep tone and not too loud. I've had good luck with Two Brothers also but I like the look of the Tri Ovals better.

After doing more research(which I love to do) they are now called Tri Flo mufflers not Tri Oval. There's a sale on em too.

I finally got the Cobras on after fighting the rubber locators for the heat shield. Sounds just as I had hoped, a nice burble at idle but not too loud at speed. Happy with the quality also.

Glad you like them. I liked the look of them as well but went with the 2bros. Doesn't matter what system you go with, those heat shields, tabs, and rubber covers are a giant pita.

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    ...Doesn't matter what system you go with, those heat shields, tabs, and rubber covers are a giant pita.
    Sorry that I may be hijacking this post with this question...

I have "whatever" Freedom brand slip-ons are listed in my signature. They where put on the bike by the dealership before I bought the bike new in 2019. Last year I took some damage from a large rock on the right header cover and the next in-line PROTECTOR cover where the catalytic convertor clamps on to the Freedom slip-ons. I have no damage further back then a dent on the PROTECTOR cover. No visual damage to the Freedom slip-on and the slip-on is tight.

Both NEW replacement pieces are in my garage, ready to be put on. The PROTECTOR cover attaches via a front hole for a mounting bolt to go through and thread on to a mounting nut on the catalytic convertor AND, in the back, two slots for sliding onto the rubber covered tabs of the Freedom slip-on exhaust.

I can get the rear of the PROTECTOR to slide into the two tabs out of the Freedom slip-on but then the front hole is too far back for the mounting bolt in the front. In other words...The Freedom slip on "heat shields" tabs are too far back to allow the two tabs to go in to the PROTECTOR slots when the PROTECTOR is normally already installed on the catalytic convertor. I've loosened the bolt, under the saddlebag, that holds the Freedom exhaust and the clamp to the catalytic convertor but nothing moves enough to bring it all together.

Any suggestions from experienced aftermarket slip-on installers on what to do next? I prepared to pull the right slip-on OFF because I did buy a new gasket for the catalytic convertor clamp connection and new rubber for the tabs. I'm also considering Torq Loopz.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

This my not help but I put grease on the rubber inserts. It helped me but your issue seems worse. Have you tried prying or bending the items to get more wiggle room?

No, it's the other way around. The rubber covered tabs WILL fit in the slots but they're too far apart as mounted.

Again, I'm not trying to get a new set of slip-on exhausts to fit the OEM pipes and covers, I'm trying to replace the MIDDLE cover on the existing slip-ons and pipes.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

If it was me I would put some visegrips on the female and twist the hell out of them till the male fits. If it's way off all you can do is cut em off and relocate to fit. But welding will discolor the chrome.

Would slotting the hole in the slip-on mounting bracket help?