Concealed carry reciprocity - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry reciprocity

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Pap I also carry both of those guns. A 340 PD and an XDs 45ACP. The 340 is lighter but the XDs is flatter. I've carried a lot of guns a lot if different ways but for over two years its been the XDs in a DeSantis pocket holster. I sometimes move that to an ankle holster. Although a 1911 is my favorite gun for me the XDs is the perfect carry 45.
    Which model pocket holster do you prefer?
    Sounds like something I'd be interested in getting.
    The ankle holster sounds good too.

Quote Originally Posted by flat6bagger View Post
    That old guy needs his license taken away.
    Fortunately he didn't kill innocent people the way he was shooting.
    If you can shoot like that in Florida and pass concealed carry,they ought to take away the instructors licenses.
    That is ridiculous.

Doug
    Not sure where the town or state was...just an example of having someone w/ a weapon and things come out different.... Yes, the gentleman needs to head to the range!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I totally disagree! That "Old Man" deserves a "Marksman-Ship Award"! Looking at the video he take good aim at those two "a$$ holes" and hits his mark. No bystanders hurt. He wasn't shooting randomly and appears to have had small weapons training

shooter
    OK Pap. I use a DeSantis Nemisis holster. The one I use fits both guns. The fit isn't perfect for either gun but a pocket holster is only for positioning. It should be loose enough so the gun comes out freely. Alessi is the best ankle holster out there. When you get it fill a 1 liter soda bottle with hot water and wrap the holster around it. Leave it for 2 hours at least. Do that 3 times. Then put it on yourself and wear around the house for a few evenings. This will break the holster in. Pap when I ankle carry I have a system. Black jeans , black socks , black shoes , black holster , black gun. That way if your pants ride up it all looks the same.

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    I totally disagree! That "Old Man" deserves a "Marksman-Ship Award"! Looking at the video he take good aim at those two "a$$ holes" and hits his mark. No bystanders hurt. He wasn't shooting randomly and appears to have had small weapons training
    I would say he used pretty good judgement. He deployed his firearm and went offensive at the armed suspect. Going towards the target increase your odds of hitting the target. There was only one person in harms way and she hit the floor behind the counter before he fired his first shot. His first shot came when the thug was circling his gun towards the grandpa. The second camera shows there were only slots behind the first thug. He continued on the offensive and fired his last shot when the thug was facing him on the ground and there was no way of telling whether he was going to shoot back in the establishment. Good shooting in my opinion. This grandpa had some previous training. Ex-cop, military, something. You can't sit back and wait to find out if they are there for just money. Once the thug pulls the gun the fight is on when it is at my advantage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

The video says something about limiting magazine capacities (or using too small of a caliber). He emptied his magazine at point blank range and all of them were still running. If they turned and fought, he would be SOL.

Not unlike the Atlanta mother than emptied a .38 in the chest of a guy robbing her house while protecting her 9 year old twins behind her. The guy gets up, walks out, gets into his SUV and drives away. Granted, he didn't make it out of the neighborhood.

mother-hiding-kids-shoots-intruder

I based my statement on the fact that they were close and no "hits"....just sayin !!!

I can not see the vid now but seemed like 5-6 shots and no one down!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    OK Pap. I use a DeSantis Nemisis holster. The one I use fits both guns. The fit isn't perfect for either gun but a pocket holster is only for positioning. It should be loose enough so the gun comes out freely. Alessi is the best ankle holster out there. When you get it fill a 1 liter soda bottle with hot water and wrap the holster around it. Leave it for 2 hours at least. Do that 3 times. Then put it on yourself and wear around the house for a few evenings. This will break the holster in. Pap when I ankle carry I have a system. Black jeans , black socks , black shoes , black holster , black gun. That way if your pants ride up it all looks the same.
    Thanks Shooter!
    I picked up a pocket holster today. I will look into the ankle holster.
    I appreciate the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I based my statement on the fact that they were close and no "hits"....just sayin !!!

I can not see the vid now but seemed like 5-6 shots and no one down!
    OK! No "Marksman-ship" award! He sure deserves a "Brass Balls Award".....Senior Motto....We don't give $hit, but we sure don't take $hit

OK! No "Marksman-ship" award! He sure deserves a "Brass Balls Award".....Senior Motto....We don't give $hit, but we sure don't take $hit

+1