New Wing made it's way home yesterday
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Wing made it's way home yesterday

New Wing made it's way home yesterday

Between weather, work and personal issues I was finally able to bring my new bike home yesterday. (I actually purchased it in December.) It was a brisk 36 degrees, but with the heated seat, grips and foot warmers it was an awesome 55 mile trip home from my dealer. Cruise control is something that I have never had on a bike before and after that short trip is now a must have!

We went to pick up the bike at Lake City Honda in Warsaw, Indiana and the bike was sparkling, freshly polished with the new Honda Glare product. The dealer went thru and explained every system in the bike, set up my navigation and satellite radio preferences and made sure that all my questions were answered before I left. Great experience, I would not even consider purchasing from another dealer.

Brought her home, added the Kuryakyn mini boards and various other farkles. While I sold my F6B late last fall I figured I would still hang out here if you guys don't mind.
    Attachment 19802
    Attachment 19803

Very Nice

Nice looking ride. Congrats!

Dave - hang out as often as you like!
    Congrats on the new ride - she's beautiful.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Honda Glare

I've read good things about the Honda Glare polish. It costs slightly less than Liquid Glass. Has anyone compared them?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    Between weather, work and personal issues I was finally able to bring my new bike home yesterday. (I actually purchased it in December.) It was a brisk 36 degrees, but with the heated seat, grips and foot warmers it was an awesome 55 mile trip home from my dealer. Cruise control is something that I have never had on a bike before and after that short trip is now a must have!

We went to pick up the bike at Lake City Honda in Warsaw, Indiana and the bike was sparkling, freshly polished with the new Honda Glare product. The dealer went thru and explained every system in the bike, set up my navigation and satellite radio preferences and made sure that all my questions were answered before I left. Great experience, I would not even consider purchasing from another dealer.

Brought her home, added the Kuryakyn mini boards and various other farkles. While I sold my F6B late last fall I figured I would still hang out here if you guys don't mind.
    Attachment 19802
    Attachment 19803
    We don't want you anymore,,,but,,,, if you promise to send each of us a check for a $100 you can stay....Just kidding!!...Beautiful bike....

very nice bike,

since you can afford that upgrade, you should be able to get a round of coffees?

What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

Lookin' good Dave, now we have to do that breakfast ride that never happened when you had the "6".

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    I've read good things about the Honda Glare polish. It costs slightly less than Liquid Glass. Has anyone compared them?
    I actually turned my dealer onto this product, it slipped under their radar and my bike was the first bike they put it on. Doing some research on polishes I came across the "Glare" product line. I am sure the Honda version is just repackaged product. It doesn't go on like normal wax, you do a small section at a time and actually rub it into the paint until it disappears completely, then buff. They claim that it provided a protective "shell" over the paint. I am hoping it helps protect the paint against scratches and swirl marks.

I used Liquid Glass on my F6B and my vehicles. I will see how the Glare holds up but my initial impression is very favorable.

Quote Originally Posted by coffee_weasle View Post
    very nice bike,

since you can afford that upgrade, you should be able to get a round of coffees?

I am somewhat of a coffee snob and brew my own with beans ground before each cup.I will gladly give you a cup of coffee anytime your in South Bend IN.