Daytona Bike Week .... If you have never been - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Daytona Bike Week .... If you have never been

Sounds like business is picking up. The racing will be the second weekend. I'll be at the track on Friday and Saturday.

DAYTONA

Can we get a crowd to go this year. I'm here in Maryland and would gladly go. I'll have plenty of time then.

miles

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    If it is March 12-13-14....count me in. My birdie day is the next day, so I can spend it on the road. I have ridden from Seattle to Daytona several times in March, because that is also when the IBA has their annual Pizza party, and we consider all other pizza parlors in North America closed at that time, so we have to ride to Palm Coast to get any pizza.

Besides, I will be back on the bike after surgery by then, and will need some mileage, to keep up with Dale (hondabikepro).
    good luck with that, i have a track set up at the tacoma store and have ben riding all day, but the left side of my tires are starting to wear out!! what should i do??? dale

Quote Originally Posted by hondabikepro View Post
    good luck with that, i have a track set up at the tacoma store and have ben riding all day, but the left side of my tires are starting to wear out!! what should i do??? dale
    Reverse direction or remount your tires backwards and give us a report!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
    I'll be there, Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise. I have been to most of them since 1971. I really enjoy the road racing at the Super speedway.
    Big Dawg, have you ever done the "Low Country Boil" put on by Jerry Duke there in Savannah? Coming up the 7th of December I believe. Mostly a BMW crowd. I haven't been in years, but used to make it an annual event back in the late 90's and early 2000's. Man, those boys can cook.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Big Dawg, have you ever done the "Low Country Boil" put on by Jerry Duke there in Savannah? Coming up the 7th of December I believe. Mostly a BMW crowd. I haven't been in years, but used to make it an annual event back in the late 90's and early 2000's. Man, those boys can cook.

Sorry, I am not aware of it.

Hornblower and I discussed Daytona over breakfast this morning. Americade is on the Schedule too. I know where the good Seafood Boil in on the St. Johns river at the 6 Mile Marina. Yum... Oh do not miss prime rib at Martins... Martins for Prime Rib..
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Sounds good to me I'm already looking forward to the warmer climate in Daytona and points further south.
    you are on...
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Looks like total debauchery, I'm ashamed of the lot of you.

Translation: it's too far away for me.

Quote Originally Posted by motozeke View Post
    Looks like total debauchery, I'm ashamed of the lot of you.

Translation: it's too far away for me.
    Yeah, after the sun goes down, so do a lot of other things at bikeweek. It's only a 36 hour ride over, so come on down. Miles and Hondabikepro are coming from Washington State, maybe you could hook up with them.