Klock Werks windshield. - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Klock Werks windshield.

I installed my tinted Klock Werks shield today and just got back from a test ride using two different helmets. I found that with my Bell half helmet I was getting a lot of wind noise on my ears at highway speeds. Smooth air flow over my helmet, but wind bouncing around the ears that would definitely get uncomfortable on long highways runs. When I wore my Shark Evoline modular helmet in 3/4 mode the wind noise was significantly less and I think this will work out for me. The real test will be when I ride to the Ozarks next month which will be a long weekend ride.

Here's a pic with the tinted shield. I had to make sure the fast red F6B was parked, otherwise it's just too fast for pictures

Attachment 8419

Xknight
    I drilled holes about 1" lower it comes and about 1/2" higher. Tried it both ways. I ended up using the stock holes. But I could see using the 1" Lower holes for winter rides. I may slot it out later this year for easy adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrf13 View Post
    Xknight
    I drilled holes about 1" lower it comes and about 1/2" higher. Tried it both ways. I ended up using the stock holes. But I could see using the 1" Lower holes for winter rides. I may slot it out later this year for easy adjustment.
    Thanks for the info. I don't plan on drilling any holes. The height is just right for me to see over it with the lower Mustang seat. If I go much taller it would be in my line of sight.

I do think Klock Werks should offer an alternate taller shield up to 19" with a vent for those that want even better protection and don't mind looking through the shield. I think the design is very good, but it's still a fairly short shield that can benefit from being taller. Even a taller design would still look pretty good compared to the other shields out there.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    I do think Klock Werks should offer an alternate taller shield up to 19" with a vent for those that want even better protection and don't mind looking through the shield. I think the design is very good, but it's still a fairly short shield that can benefit from being taller. Even a taller design would still look pretty good compared to the other shields out there.
    I came across a youtube video today. It shows a Klockwerks shield with vent for the full wing but it looks like it will fit the F6B, it just won't be adjustable.

Attachment 9858

KW Windshield Pic

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluciano View Post
    can you post a few pics. Wondering how it makes the bike look. Also how tall are you? What colour did you go with? i"m 6" tall and was considering the WERKS for the look. Also like the dark look on my red & black but not sure about it for road visibility?

Any tips?
    here is a pic of my bike with the winshield. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I came across a youtube video today. It shows a Klockwerks shield with vent for the full wing but it looks like it will fit the F6B, it just won't be adjustable.
    Thanks! I did see on the KW website that they now offer a taller vented shield for the GW. It should fit on the F6B. Would have to verify that with KW. I've been using a Vstream (also made for a GW) and it has been working great for my needs so I probably won't try the new taller KW anytime soon.

klockwerks goldwing shield

so...........shield number 6
    finally found a Cool looking functionally improved screen for my f6b
    I am a tall in the saddle guy
    so with that being said,the stock or sub 16 inch screens are worthless to me
    i have 30 k in the saddle so i know what i like,i have been waiting for the klock werks tall gl windshield to come out
    I have been running a tall gl screen since about 5k
    so i have about 25 k running tall screens
    now i'm a 6'1 295 guy
    ask any big guy we catch a lot of wind and the worst is helmet whistle scream
    i get a little wind (i couldn't wait no vent) but aside from that a perfect blend for my style of riding
    now i know some guys will come on and say the stock shield is fine blah blah blah
    most everyone replaces it
    im glad this option is around this is just fyi
    FLAME ON!!

If you're digg'n it Joe, I don't think anybody else' snot about windshields matters.
    Looks good to me.
    J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

thx

good to hear the reviews on the KW as I ordered one on the new 2013 F6B I got for a song a few weeks ago. can't wait for the MN snow to melt and hit the road!

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe187 View Post
    so...........shield number 6
    finally found a Cool looking functionally improved screen for my f6b
    I am a tall in the saddle guy
    so with that being said,the stock or sub 16 inch screens are worthless to me
    i have 30 k in the saddle so i know what i like,i have been waiting for the klock werks tall gl windshield to come out
    I have been running a tall gl screen since about 5k
    so i have about 25 k running tall screens
    now i'm a 6'1 295 guy
    ask any big guy we catch a lot of wind and the worst is helmet whistle scream
    i get a little wind (i couldn't wait no vent) but aside from that a perfect blend for my style of riding
    now i know some guys will come on and say the stock shield is fine blah blah blah
    most everyone replaces it
    im glad this option is around this is just fyi
    FLAME ON!!
    Pictures?