Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
One advantage we have is the fact that our bikes are fuel injected which makes the fuel system air tight, which will keep most short term storage issues down to a minimum. Another is we have plastic fuel tanks. The old thought of keeping your tank full was so that the tank would not rust is not an issue with a plastic tank. Sooo you can either run the tank down low for storage and in the spring fill it then with fresh fuel, or fill it to the top now and add a good fuel treatment such as Startron or Marine Grade Stabil (Blue Not that red stuff).
I was reading the thread with interest. As I live in Dallas, I don't have to worry about winter storage, so I had never heard of the filling the tank up with gas to store. That seems counter intuitive, but the reasons given make sense. Good to know the plastic tank prevents the need. If I had to store a bike for a while, I'd prefer to have as little fuel in it as possible. Good stuff. I appreciate the insight.

Would something like Sea Foam work for stabilizing fuel for storage, or is that more of a cleaner?