Anyone NOT own a handgun? - Page 16
Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone NOT own a handgun?

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    ^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^

It's not science........it's statistics and a 9th grader can do statistics and an adult can skew statistics to fit their DOGMA.

Very curious why nobody in the US wants to take claim for the radical drop in violent crime in the US over the last 25 years........hmmmmmmm. Maybe fear is a tool and fear is used by skewing statistics and hiding facts. In simpler terms they lie......and yes it is in print. So believe what you want to read, I look for facts.
    In many , or at least only last few years , 9th graders were shot and killed as well , as mass murders statistics and national outcries are clearly proving that , so dogmatism among self-defenders is worthless .
    Claims of majority crimes are also proving , that guns in hands of irresponsible owners , or those who have easy access to it , killed more innocent people , who had "right to defend themselves" , but due to restrictions , they didn't have chances to counter perpetrators , or simply couldn't do it on time.

Following natural instincts , everyone have rights to defend themselves . If American wants to continue ancient traditions of Wild West surviving style of life , it would be "smart" to allow everybody to carry any kind of weapon , including fire arms ( with exception to mentally ill , which are so many anyway ) . Living in unnecessary fear could turn into the Darwinian theory of natural selection , where the only strongest have rights to be and have their "righteous word". It could be not so good idea either , especially taking for consideration weaker individuals .

By the way - in statistics , USA is a world's leader of criminal behavior , caused by dramatic and im-proportional distribution of wealth , luck of family unity leading to habitual deprivation , devastated influences of violent films and electronic games , sexual abuse , collapsed community , complicated interpretation of law , racism , unemployment , mental retardation and ... list can go on and on .

There are the facts , so this is not about believes , but simple estimation of reality , where we live . Some might refuse to understand it , or twist it in political characterization . For them , creative prevention can be non-existal,
    so the only known solution is to poses a gun , which "just in case" can be used ( but without any guaranties of survival ) anyway ...

There is also another way - just disarm all society , but it requries much more understanding and work of legislators , who will not protect so many businesses engaged in vast extensions of criminal behavior . But how life could be boring , if first pages of national papers didn't have so many criminal reports , if TV news didn't provide pictures of bloody scenarios , if Americans didn't need to build another prisons , if in mentality , people could convert the inherited fear into the simple normality of life ??? Yes - it still exist !

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe187 View Post
    Here is what's ironic... I am the KING of hijacks, yet I ping others about doing it.

See?

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Here is what's ironic... I am the KING of hijacks, yet I ping others about doing it.

See?

So , will be better , if you "go away" ...

Please cite the references for these statements, that they are "truths" - especially the cause and effect of #3:

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    1. 9th graders were shot and killed as well , as mass murders statistics and national outcries are clearly proving that , so dogmatism among self-defenders is worthless.

2. Claims of majority crimes are also proving , that guns in hands of irresponsible owners , or those who have easy access to it , killed more innocent people , who had "right to defend themselves" , but due to restrictions , they didn't have chances to counter perpetrators , or simply couldn't do it on time.

3. By the way - in statistics , USA is a world's leader of criminal behavior , caused by dramatic and im-proportional distribution of wealth , luck of family unity leading to habitual deprivation , devastated influences of violent films and electronic games , sexual abuse , collapsed community , complicated interpretation of law , racism , unemployment , mental retardation and ... list can go on and on .

4. There is also another way - just disarm all society , but it requries much more understanding and work of legislators , who will not protect so many businesses engaged in vast extensions of criminal behavior . But how life could be boring , if first pages of national papers didn't have so many criminal reports , if TV news didn't provide pictures of bloody scenarios , if Americans didn't need to build another prisons , if in mentality , people could convert the inherited fear into the simple normality of life ??? Yes - it still exist !
    Thank you.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    So , will be better , if you "go away" ...
    Hey I think you were included. What was it, we are just a couple of A-holes

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Hey I think you were included. What was it, we are just a couple of A-holes
    Tires , which "convincing" topics of "experienced" fire-squad almost killed us - thanks to no mortal weapons . However it's nice to be recognized as a black sheep . It create controversy in peaceful debate . Viva Forum !

Guns are deeply ingrained in the American psyche, and I think it's easy to understand why. Our whole existence is owed to private ownership of guns, and that fact was not lost on the Founding Fathers, who deemed it so important as to write it permanently in the supreme laws of the land.

I appreciate the 2nd Amendment as much as anybody, maybe more than most... but I can still ponder, imagine, and debate what would happen if it was struck down. Frankly... I don't think we know if crime and violence would drop if guns were banned here. America has a distinctly different set of problems than Canada, England, and China.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    The can of worms is again opened.
    Only the police have handguns here.
    The very few handguns in the possession of criminals are quickly confiscated and destroyed the second the outlaws are prosecuted.
    The only source of guns for the criminals is from the USA, those being smuggled into our country.

Criminals here rely mostly on knives and the occasional sawed off shotgun.
    Our low death rate from violent crime reflects that.
    If the USA banned handguns for everyone but law enforcement, nothing would change for you for at least 2 more generations.
    Evidently some Canadians don't need a handgun.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dc1_1428340740

shooter
    You know I'm kinda a live and let live guy. I someone doesn't want a gun then that's OK with me. Just don't try to take mine. I reserve the right to exercise my constitutional rights. Even with all our problems this is still the greatest country on the planet. We may have lost a step , but we are still number one.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Evidently some Canadians don't need a handgun.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dc1_1428340740
    Had that been my wife's mini-van? He wouldn't be facing charges...he'd be being measured for a casket.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce