12V AC Fuse Blown - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 12V AC Fuse Blown

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike44 View Post
    Charge indicator light in the tender cable: http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2013/01/05/...ttery-voltage/

After installation it requires setting the normal running voltage endpoint in the unit by running the motorcycle. I've had three of them and they do light up when charging is required. They come with a 7.5 amp fuse I believe.
    I have had something similar from CTEK, it was a pigtail that indicated green, yellow and red. Obviously when the RED led blinked, it was time to charge the battery. These pigtails cost between $7 - $13
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom6B View Post
    I have had something similar from CTEK, it was a pigtail that indicated green, yellow and red. Obviously when the RED led blinked, it was time to charge the battery. These pigtails cost between $7 - $13
    Even better, thanks. Was looking for one with a built in choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    RoughRider, the quick and easy solution to what ails you is: Hook up a Battery Tender harness, directly to the battery, and route the non-battery end of the harness to exit from under the seat to a place whwre it is easily accessible. Mine is located directly at the front end of the seat.

By doing this, you now have a port that goes directly to the battery, for....charging the bike in slow riding seasons...for hooking up your Gerbing Heated Clothing...and for hooking up your air compressor.

That one harness wiring set-up will service several different needs, without taxing any aux. fuse on the fuse panel.
    Excellent advice Miles. I routed mine through the vent on the side panel so it doesn't rub against the body.

this.JPG

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar

Another option from Bat to Gbox

Rated at ~12~ amps. Long enough leads to make it to the battery.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wouldn't use it with a lighter, but it should be good for compressors, etc.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    Excellent advice Miles. I routed mine through the vent on the side panel so it doesn't rub against the body.

Attachment 1731
    I LIKE IT!