Anti Dive Shim - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anti Dive Shim

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Add Progressive Springs and disconnect the anti-dive !!!!! I did!!! Much,Much better!
    Yea did all that stuff on my VTX 1800 so when I bought this one I vowed I wouldn't spend a ton of money unless it was needed for safety or comfort. Buy who knows springs are border line safety aren't they?

Cool

Before the springs and the anti-dive when I came onto my drive the bike tried to throw me off...now just a smooth transition. Springs were $115 and installed for $85. But I had already had the forks serviced so the tech just pulled the caps and dropped in the new springs !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Before the springs and the anti-dive when I came onto my drive the bike tried to throw me off...now just a smooth transition. Springs were $115 and installed for $85. But I had already had the forks serviced so the tech just pulled the caps and dropped in the new springs !!!
    I do all the work on my bikes unless it's under warranty, I just don'the want to start changing parts unless it is really needed.My X is/was my money pit so I'm done with making changes that are not really needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]http://hondaf6b.com/image.php?u=3965&type=sigpic&dateline=1471132754

Anti-dive of this sort has been a pet project of Honda boffins since at least 1984 when they put it on the VF500F. I never disabled it on my VF500, but assume it stopped working at some point when it was never serviced in 70,000km. Yup, motorcycle front ends dive when you brake hard. Honda should keep their car engineers away from the motorcycle division.

No problems here

My 2015 deluxe handles great, brakes nicely for the deer field testing the brakes and doesn't do anything stupid enough to make me change it. Hey! If it ain't broke don't fix it. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    My 2015 deluxe handles great, brakes nicely for the deer field testing the brakes and doesn't do anything stupid enough to make me change it. Hey! If it ain't broke don't fix it. JMHO
    Like the stock seat?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

TRAXXION on the Anti-dive

For info from TRAXXION on the Anti-dive zip to the 13.50 mark and see what their rep says about anti-dive.
    Or watch the entire 3 part video for suspension info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCIO7uGziS8
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    For info from TRAXXION on the Anti-dive zip to the 13.50 mark and see what their rep says about anti-dive.
    Or watch the entire 3 part video for suspension info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCIO7uGziS8
    Most excellent. He explains it well. I am going to watch both part one and part 2 video's in their entirety later on.

The shim is SO EASY to install, inexpensive and easy to revert back if you still think it doesn't improve the F6B's front suspension.

The old adage that he quoted in the beginning of part 1 video; "The best that you have ridden is the best that you know" ...is so true. So true.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

For my old butt!

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Like the stock seat?
    The stock seat was broke, had I still been 22 years old the stock seat would still be there but these old bones wouldn't let me keep the OEM seat. I see guys spending money hand over fist on things that are just fine the way they are. If you have cubic dollars flowing out your pockets that's fine buy what you want but some of us old retired people don't have that luxury and if a system is working fine and you don't have a problem with it why spend the money. It like the lights, I did add the driving lights but that wasn't because the main lights were insufficient. It was more a safety thing for daytime riding than anything else. Then there is the heli bars and the fork brace, I don't see the need for either of those as my bike handles fine, nothing shaking or wearing the front tire funny so I just can't justify spending that kind of money when there is no need. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    The stock seat was broke, had I still been 22 years old the stock seat would still be there but these old bones wouldn't let me keep the OEM seat. I see guys spending money hand over fist on things that are just fine the way they are. If you have cubic dollars flowing out your pockets that's fine buy what you want but some of us old retired people don't have that luxury and if a system is working fine and you don't have a problem with it why spend the money. It like the lights, I did add the driving lights but that wasn't because the main lights were insufficient. It was more a safety thing for daytime riding than anything else. Then there is the heli bars and the fork brace, I don't see the need for either of those as my bike handles fine, nothing shaking or wearing the front tire funny so I just can't justify spending that kind of money when there is no need. JMHO
    I tend to agree with you on the "ain't broke, don't fix" approach. However, in this case, I did disable the anti-dive and like the smoother fork action when braking on bumps (at very little cost). The main reason I did it is that when only the one fork leg is being restricted by the anti-dive there is going to be a twisting effect on the axle as a result of it. I think it is a bad design that contributes to increased side loads on the fork tube bushings and seals. Maybe I'm wrong, and that's okay, but that's my opinion. Honda has a very weak fork design to begin with on the "wing", I have seen many wings with under 30k miles with fork seals leaking like crazy. Trying to avoid that situation on my ride.