Contemplating F6B Purchase -- Advice Needed! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Contemplating F6B Purchase -- Advice Needed!

Quote Originally Posted by Riknchar View Post
    So the Sales Manager just called to negotiate on the used 2013 F6B Deluxe... He said that the guy who had traded the bike in was one of their very loyal customers who had bought many bikes from them in the past, and had traded his 2013 F6B in for a brand new 2015 F6B. Based on all of that, the sales manager claims he gave the guy $13K in trade. However, he did say that since he had just taken the bike in a few days ago, and understands that he's not likely to sell it for a high price while there were leftover 2013s around, he was willing to sell it to me for what he had into it ($13K total price).

I'm not sure that I totally believe him, but he may have shown the other guy $13K for his and then charged full price for the 2015...

So anyway, now I have all the facts at my disposal: Leftover new 2013 F6B non-Deluxe for $14999 out the door (plus tax/title/license) or used 2013 F6B Deluxe (7K miles, Throttlemeister throttle lock, nice highway pegs) for $13K out the door (plus TTL).

I know Unsub was pretty hard over that I shouldn't offer more than $12K for the used bike, but I have to say that I'd probably be better off in most ways with the used one at $13K. In terms of future trade-in value, both bikes would be pretty identical (or the Deluxe would be a bit higher), since miles don't seem to play into the trade-in equation very much. In terms of quality of the bike, I think the Deluxe model wins simply due to the extra features (heated grips, self-canceling turn signals, center stand, etc.), and it appears that the previous owner really babied the bike. By the time I equipped the new/leftover 2013 with a center stand, passenger backrest, and highway pegs I'd be up to around $15,800...

Or I could just throw caution to the wind and buy a new 2015 F6B Deluxe for around $19,500 (or thereabouts)...

Decisions, decisions...
    My feeling is that after reading all your earlier posts again, that you really, really, want the 2015 F6B...If you can spend the money, I would go for it and not look back...It seems to me that you are trying to rationalize the purchase of the other options in your mind and that you may not be totally happy riding the used or leftover 2013's everytime you seen the current model...Life is to short to not enjoy what you ride...If "bucks" are, in reality, an issue then go for your cheapest deal and be happy!!!...JMHO

If you saw lots of paint swirls on the used black F6, that's from the dealer or previous owner who didn't properly detail or care for the paint.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Riknchar View Post
    So the Sales Manager just called to negotiate on the used 2013 F6B Deluxe... He said that the guy who had traded the bike in was one of their very loyal customers who had bought many bikes from them in the past, and had traded his 2013 F6B in for a brand new 2015 F6B. Based on all of that, the sales manager claims he gave the guy $13K in trade. However, he did say that since he had just taken the bike in a few days ago, and understands that he's not likely to sell it for a high price while there were leftover 2013s around, he was willing to sell it to me for what he had into it ($13K total price).

I'm not sure that I totally believe him, but he may have shown the other guy $13K for his and then charged full price for the 2015...

So anyway, now I have all the facts at my disposal: Leftover new 2013 F6B non-Deluxe for $14999 out the door (plus tax/title/license) or used 2013 F6B Deluxe (7K miles, Throttlemeister throttle lock, nice highway pegs) for $13K out the door (plus TTL).

I know Unsub was pretty hard over that I shouldn't offer more than $12K for the used bike, but I have to say that I'd probably be better off in most ways with the used one at $13K. In terms of future trade-in value, both bikes would be pretty identical (or the Deluxe would be a bit higher), since miles don't seem to play into the trade-in equation very much. In terms of quality of the bike, I think the Deluxe model wins simply due to the extra features (heated grips, self-canceling turn signals, center stand, etc.), and it appears that the previous owner really babied the bike. By the time I equipped the new/leftover 2013 with a center stand, passenger backrest, and highway pegs I'd be up to around $15,800...

Or I could just throw caution to the wind and buy a new 2015 F6B Deluxe for around $19,500 (or thereabouts)...

Decisions, decisions...

To add to your decision making process here is an Ebay listing that I had been watching that ended this evening. Thirty bids and didn't even hit $13K or the reserve price so that can help indicate where the market is and this was a 2013 Black Deluxe with only 2,293 miles on the clock. I think that you should be able to use this information with your dealer to negotiate that $12K price on the used bike with 7K miles. Good luck on your purchase and ride safe.

X

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Honda-G...p2047675.l2557

Rick, I think the sales manager is feeding you a line of . That is the line they feed when they know you know what it's worth, but are eager to get on a F6B. They will say they added accessories to it, or new tires, or appreciated the value of the bike for a "loyal" customer. I've traded all my bikes before, and I too was a "loyal" customer for one of the dealers. I've never received more than low Blue Book... even if the bike was "babied.". When I traded in my Victory, my dealer made a ton off all the warranty work I had done as well as all the service intervals. I even had two more years left on the extended warranty. I was just looking for low Blue Book to get rid of it because I was tired of the unreliability. Even though the dealer knew me, he offered me slightly below Blue Book because I had over 25,000 miles on the bike and claimed there are manufacture rebates offered which brings the price down on new bikes.

Like others have said Rick, get what you really want, otherwise you will always look back and think, "Dam...I wish I would have purchased the _____.". If you want the 2015, save up for it and get it. If you don't care and just want a great bike for a great value, don't cave in at $13K. He's already making money at a $12K offer and he gets to make room for more inventory. PLUS, the red ones tend to be a little harder to sell than the black ones. Be patient... check online like others have. There will be more F6Bs popping up for sale, both new and used as more 2015s hit the floor. Let the sales manager sweat it out... you gave him an offer already. Tell him you are a buyer actively looking. If you find a used '13 B elsewhere, you will take your money elsewhere. He knows your number, he will call you when the used B sits on the floor for a while... while it continues to depreciate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My local dealer DOESN'T WANT to take for trade any bike . He knows , that selling used one can be a challenge - specially in winter . Offering new bike , he always keep saying : "I got just one in this month and few guys are interested already " ... Small dealer , but he moves his inventory well.

In your dilemna and in case of buying used F6B , I'd rather look for private sale to avoid unnecessary profit of 3rd party.

If decided to buy new one , you've got CRUISE , 2 years younger : battery and tires and attractive colors .

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    My feeling is that after reading all your earlier posts again, that you really, really, want the 2015 F6B...If you can spend the money, I would go for it and not look back...It seems to me that you are trying to rationalize the purchase of the other options in your mind and that you may not be totally happy riding the used or leftover 2013's everytime you seen the current model...Life is to short to not enjoy what you ride...If "bucks" are, in reality, an issue then go for your cheapest deal and be happy!!!...JMHO
    I would definitely prefer a 2015 F6B (in the cool new matte silver/charcoal gray color). I was assuming that there wouldn't be much discounting going on for those, and that I'd have to pay $21K or so to get a deluxe model, but it now appears that some of the Forum members are getting pretty decent discounts on the new 2015s (down as low as $18K for the deluxe model). That does change the equation somewhat...

I'm the type of person who is prone to weighting the overall "deal" on the bike more heavily than most... I tend to trade cars and motorcycles on a fairly short cycle, so I always need to drive a pretty hard bargain on the front end to make sure I don't get killed on the back end. For example, I paid $11,500 for my last Goldwing (2003 with 9K miles); I drove it for 4 years and sold it (with 25K miles) for $10,500. That's the kind of deals I enjoy...

So I'm trying to balance the desire for a killer deal (the 2013s) with my desire for a specific color and cruise control (the 2015s).

I'm inquiring now on what the actual best out-the-door price would be for a 2015 F6B Deluxe at my local dealers. If I could get one for around $18K, it may be worth it to just go that route. I can afford it either way, but always try to be financially disciplined in these sorts of things.

Thanks to all for such great advice! I'll keep you posted...

If it is any help at this point, I paid $19,300 plus another $4,000 in custom paint, Cobra pipes,Kury grips, chrome side stand, Mustang seat, Baggershield, and other "goodies" for my 2013 F6B Deluxe in September of 2103...No regrets and I know that other riders have various motivations and reasons for getting what they feel is a "good deal", but I am happy and love the bike...I got a really nice price on the trade of my 2011 Vision which sealed it for me....Good luck and let us know what you decide....Ride safe...

Something to keep in the back of your mind

I'm pretty sure Honda dealers are the same as Harley in that the dealer is rated by the manufacturer on how many new models they sell, doesn't matter about the used bikes that are traded in. He's got to get that 2013 or 14 off that floor to make room for the 15's, especially with the added feature of cruise now. When I traded my 2013 Road Glide for the 2013 F6B the dealer wanted my bike and $1700. I got it for my bike and a $1000, so they will be super motivated to get that leftover 2013 or 2014 out and if you're going that far go a little further and get new, it only hurts a little more. Good luck.

So I just got off the phone with a local (120 miles away, but fairly local) Honda Dealer who has agreed to order a 2015 F6B Deluxe (Silver) for me for a total price of $18,795 out the door (plus TTL). He claims his dealer cost is around $18,500, and he just needs to make $295 to make it work. Seems pretty reasonable to me... Should take around 3 weeks to come in. The dealer said from talking with his distributor regarding the 2015s that the silver color is proving to be extremely popular -- he could get me a blue one immediately, but the wait for the silver ones was around 3 weeks.

I'm definitely leaning that way. Like someone said, that's the bike I really want, and since I can afford it, why not? I'm not in a hurry, either, so the 3-week wait is no problem...

Any other thoughts to consider? Thanks! Rick