Pulling the trigger, too..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pulling the trigger, too.....

I just ordered a $19 Aerostich intercom adapter to let me plug in my ear buds I to the intercom for music system playback. I'll let you know how it works. If I ever start riding two up with intercom communications, then I think we are into much more costly systems.

& from NJ
    Ride it like you stole it

[Has anyone hooked up the passenger intercom plug? Is that an optional accessory]

Congrats on your purchase, it's an awesome bike. I haven't hooked up the passenger plug, but I do know its an option through Honda , I'm not sure about aftermarket.

Congrats and welcome aboard!
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by projectapollo View Post
    After a little more research, and considering I don't really need a mic to intercom with a passenger, looms like a cheap adapter to go from 5-pin intercom plug to mini plug is a cheap good solution for now. My in ears are actually very nice sennheisers.
    I started exactly the same way...the 5-pin adaptor to stereo mini-plug to in-ears. For me, the in-ears were quite a bit of trouble when putting on the helmet and taking it off and I didn't like the feel of those things in my ear canals for hours at a time. Ultimately, I switched over to helmet speakers and find this preferable. Just something to think about...
    Ken (Hornblower)

indiatango
    Welcome to the madness from down the road in Chattanooga. Good luck identifying a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    I started exactly the same way...the 5-pin adaptor to stereo mini-plug to in-ears. For me, the in-ears were quite a bit of trouble when putting on the helmet and taking it off and I didn't like the feel of those things in my ear canals for hours at a time. Ultimately, I switched over to helmet speakers and find this preferable. Just something to think about...
    Agreed. The adapter is an inexpensive solution that will let me figure out the more expensive helmet rigs at a more leisurely pace. I appreciate the operating experience! Good to know.

Ok, without causing a total disruption on the forum, let me ask about preventative measures on the black paint. The bike I'm getting is black, first owner only out about 1800 miles on it. The paint is dirty but otherwise looks good and swirl free.

So, I take it I should be careful cleaning it so as to not let the dirt scratch it? I've used the Honda spray on bike cleaner on my black VTX to remove light dirt and polish it. Simple and effective. Safe to use on the F6b? Similar to pledge, I presume.

I ordered liquid glass from amazon. So I should get numerous coats of this stuff on before I do any hard buffing?

Preventative ideas appreciated.

indiatango
    There are numerous threads on this subject with just as many products used. I typically use a good car wash solution and a microfiber mitt. I also just finished getting mine polished up and finished off with Liquid Glass, which thus far has provided phenomenal results for everyone involved. Several have successfully used Scratch X to remove or partially remove the micro swirls readily apparent anywhere the bike has been touched. I tried it but it simply did not work well on mine. I ended up using another Meguiars product, Ultimate Compound. It does not have any abrasives and cleaned my paint up well. I have a single coat of LG on it now and plan to get two more on it this weekend.

So, if you don't have any swirls to deal with, get as many coats of LG on as quickly as possible.