Dark Side question - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dark Side question

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    I don't need to get shot by a gun to know it's going to feel different than getting cut by a knife. I've spoken to a few people that have car tires on their bikes and all of them say it feels different than when they had a motorcycle tire on the bike. Whether its better or worse is obviously going to be up to the individual owner.

There is at least one thread floating around this forum where a guy has a car tire on his F6B and doesn't understand why the bike handles like crap. It works for some and not for others. That is my main point.
    I tried it, I like it, I'm going to keep doing it. My bike doesn't handle like crap. 52 years of riding and "x" number of bikes to compare it to.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    I tried it, I like it, I'm going to keep doing it. My bike doesn't handle like crap. 52 years of riding and "x" number of bikes to compare it to.
    Ditto, Hiflyer!
    Ken (Hornblower)

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Ditto, Hiflyer!
    DittoX2

An observation, my front motorcycle tire loses more air between checks than my rear C/T.

So if I try a CT and it doesn't handle as well as a MT, will one of you guys saying that let me kick you in the nuts?

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    So if I try a CT and it doesn't handle as well as a MT, will one of you guys saying that let me kick you in the nuts?
    You might find yourself kicking your own a$$ and saying "what did I wait for"

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    No, because YMMV. That said, of all the riders I'm aware of that have gone darkside, the ones preferring it far outnumber the ones that don't.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    No, because YMMV. That said, of all the riders I'm aware of that have gone darkside, the ones preferring it far outnumber the ones that don't.
    I swore I wouldn't do it but then I got a Valkyrie and there were not to many tire choices at first. The lack of choices led to some crappy prices so I said to hell with it and put a Good Year TT on the Valk. It lasted a little over 30K and with the Valk I could hardly feel it. Put one on the Wing right after I bought it and now have one on the F6. I do like having both so the Michelin is on an old Wing rim and the MC tire is on the original rim sitting in the garage.

I'd love to try it... but I know me, if I didn't like it I wouldn't be able to throw away a perfectly good tire... I'd have to ride it until it wore out and that may take a couple of years.

If I were on a long road trip I think a CT would be a no brainer... but for getting kicks around town, I'm not willing to leave any miniscule amount of handling on the table... I want it ALLLLLL

Besides, my novice but burgeoning riding skills already leaves enough handling on the table... and we all know the F6 is a greedy biatch... the more turn-in-speed and lean-angle you give her, the more she wants. On every ride I find myself getting faster and better... going to a CT might reverse the progress I'm making

There is a RTE in Crystal River...ride up and you can take mine for a ride !!! You are not going to get a better offer !!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com