Thread Closed?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thread Closed?

Thread Closed?

Why did the thread for a larger luggage rack get closed?

Because...

Quote Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
    Why did the thread for a larger luggage rack get closed?
    I asked him to close it. I didn't want anymore people asking me to make them or have to waste Rick's time with it. Thread started to go the way of looking like I was trying to illicit sales and slide on paying for a vendor setup. Not my intention at all, was just excited to show it off and get some feedback and ideas for version too. Like you, I just want to make something cool for my bike.

Just PM me and we can carry on a discussion about it. Would love to share some ideas.

Thats understandable. PM has been sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuzard13 View Post
    I asked him to close it. I didn't want anymore people asking me to make them or have to waste Rick's time with it. Thread started to go the way of looking like I was trying to illicit sales and slide on paying for a vendor setup.
    Why don't you just become a vendor, you and a few more and we'll be able to get this forum updated to allow PICs to be posted.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Why don't you just become a vendor, you and a few more and we'll be able to get this forum updated to allow PICs to be posted.
    Is the pict problem a $$$ problem or a technical problem ???

He never joined to start selling them. He joined because of the love of his F6B and just posted the design wanting comments. Unless you send the parts to China to be made or you have your own water jet, you will not be able to make these for a profit. And I am sorry but I don’t know of too many people that will take the time needed to produce large quantities of these and sale them with little to no profit just because they are a nice guy.

[QUOTE=Av8er;160348]He never joined to start selling them. He joined because of the love of his F6B and just posted the design wanting comments. Unless you send the parts to China to be made or you have your own water jet, you will not be able to make these for a profit. And I am sorry but I don’t know of too many people that will take the time needed to produce large quantities of these and sale them with little to no profit just because they are a nice guy.[/Q

They won't be water jetted but I have a hell of a plasma and I don't thrive on profit
    Sometimes it nice to do something for others
    2015 Matt Grey F6B Deluxe - Gloria
    2011 BMW K 1300S - Stella
    2000 Triumph Sprint ST - Trixie
    2000 Ducati Monster 900 - Monster
    1985 HD FXRS (Still in the Shop as a reminder) - Frita
    1984 HD XLX - The First

[QUOTE=LA Weld;160369]
    He never joined to start selling them. He joined because of the love of his F6B and just posted the design wanting comments. Unless you send the parts to China to be made or you have your own water jet, you will not be able to make these for a profit. And I am sorry but I don’t know of too many people that will take the time needed to produce large quantities of these and sale them with little to no profit just because they are a nice guy.[/Q

They won't be water jetted but I have a hell of a plasma and I don't thrive on profit
    If you are willing to become a vendor, procure the 4x8x3/16 steel and cut these, I will be more than happy to send you the file of mine for cutting. You should be able to get 20-21 pieces out of each sheet. You will make plenty of people happy by doing this. A sheet of steel shouldn’t be more than $175 so you could sell them for well under $15 each.

Let me know if you want it.

Gotta love the "Why don't YOU do something...."

Well to be honest, I never wanted to make these in quantity or start selling them. I simply (and it seems naively) posted pics up asking for feedback on it, not because I was trying to entice sales. I own my own manufacturing business (totally unrelated field), so I already know what it takes to make things for customers. Theres the R&D, the shipping costs and time, dealing with different vendors and suppliers, the customer service, etc. My time is very limited, so unfortunately, I don't want to take on something like this for the little profit that might be in it. So unless people are willing to pay $500 a piece for one, or I could magically get the parts for them for next to nothing, its not worth what it would take to do it.

I did ask Rick if I could do a NOT for profit bulk kind of a thing and get parts cut to help out interested forum members, but he stated that if I wanted to promote or sell something I make, it would fall under vendor status, which I totally understand. His forum, his rules. I also asked if my thread (and now preferably this one) could simply be deleted as to avoid any of this or having anyone be disappointed about it and let a sleeping dog lie, somehow it got closed instead and is still available to see.

If you and others want to pitch in on the vendor costs I would be happy to entertain it just to help some people out if they dont have the means to do this themselves( I DO like helping people), but I don't have plans to sell them for profit even if that happened, and since Av8er has already said he would give his files (and they're really killer) to anyone interested for free, seems pretty pointless to go through all of that. If someone wants one, all they would have to do is source a water jetter, welder and powder coater. I understand its not Amazon prime, but not hard to do either.

So I hope that answers any questions and I hope I am not disappointing anyone. I will just keep the stuff I make for my bike to myself and not risk upsetting anyone on the forum moving forward. Was just excited to show and get feedback on it.

[QUOTE=LA Weld;160369]
    He never joined to start selling them. He joined because of the love of his F6B and just posted the design wanting comments. Unless you send the parts to China to be made or you have your own water jet, you will not be able to make these for a profit. And I am sorry but I don’t know of too many people that will take the time needed to produce large quantities of these and sale them with little to no profit just because they are a nice guy.[/Q

Well, are you gonna get set up as a vendor so you can sell these things for cost? Just let me know, I know many are chomping at the bit since MP3 is no longer around.