TIRES TIRES TIRES - Page 5
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: TIRES TIRES TIRES

UMMMMM.... Why are some getting 8K out of a tire and some getting 20K out of a tire ...when both swear that they keep the tires at 40 psi..... I have 16.5 on the front, and can go another 3K or so, and got 15 out of the back...could have gone father but had a Alpine and wanted it on the bike!!!

Here is my thought..... what are the ages of the tires on our bikes????? Is Honda putting some NEW and some OLD tires on our bike to get RID of them?????

My front shows 49/12= 49 week of 2012
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Going dark side with the spare wheel. Talked to several at the rally and fellow board member KJ this morning about it. This is getting weird .....I'm kinda excited to try it.

Go Michelin Alpine, Run Flat!!! 32psi on the flats and 36psi in the twistys...on this last trip I did go up to 36 psi and the bike did great ...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Go Michelin Alpine, Run Flat!!!
    Ordered today!!

shooter
    I just put my G-Max on yesterday. Took a 1 hour ride yesterday evening. Its a little different. I haven't played with the pressure yet. Takes a little more body English in the corners. Not a lot , just a little. Rides better. Smoother. More stable at slow speeds , ie. coming up to a stop. I like it. Gonna try it two up this weekend. Got about 350 miles planned. I like the looks of that fat tire out back. Still corners great. Not much negative to say , lots of positives. If it works out I will probably try the Michelin later on. I own a tire store so its a little easier for me to try things. No body tells me I can't put a CT on a MC wheel. I'll let you know how the ride goes 2 up.

shooter
    By the way thanks to Bob109 for some information and encouragement. Been riding MC's for 45 years and I was a little hesitant on the CT. But Being in the business it made sense to me, I've always thought that MC tire manufacturers stick it to us. I sell a lot of great CT's in my shop. In some aspects MC tires leave a lot to be desired. I sometimes think they don't try too hard and when they do it costs me $300. I got the G-Max for under $80. Not a very expensive experiment. I'm tickled shytless so far.

Tires

For those of us not in the tire biz, please explain G-max. Thanks

shooter
    General G-Max 195/55-16 car tire. Wasn't trying to be a know it all. If you read the forums then I figured you would know it. "The Biz" don't have anything to do with it.

Dark Side Info

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. PDQ View Post
    For those of us not in the tire biz, please explain G-max. Thanks
    The attached thread will give you some good info on the General G-Max. I just turned 20K miles on mine and anticipate 23/24K miles of wear before I replace it with the identical tire. So good was the Max's performance, I bought 4 spares. Sold one to my brother-in-law who has yet to mount it. I, personally, will never have a MT on the rear of my 6. IMHO a good "directional radial car tire" is the only to fly

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2...-The-Dark-Side

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    You'll shoot your eye out with one of those things!!!